First national debate on resilience to discuss net zero water
The first national debate on resilience in the water sector will discuss how the industry plans to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2030.
The free online event, which is organised by the new EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Water Infrastructure and Resilience, will be held on 24 September between 10am and 12:30pm,
The global emergency on containing greenhouse emissions is pushing the UK water sector to re-think the way they operate to limit their environmental impacts and honour their pledge to become carbon neutral by 2030 (2040 for Scottish Water).
This is expected to provide opportunities for transformational changes to ensure a sustainable future but may also threaten the stability of some areas of the sector less prone to change.
The question for the debate will be: how resilient is the UK water sector to the climate emergency?
This is the first event of its kind aiming to bring together professionals from across the UK water sector and from more diverse fields who are tackling the same challenges, to stimulate a nationwide discussion and collaboration to deliver a resilient water infrastructure.
Speakers and panellists for the debate hail from leading energy professionals from consultancies, water companies and trade organisations.
- Scottish Water installs solar at Inverness water treatment works Scottish Water has completed a £450k project to install 1,300 solar panels at its water treatment works which serves... Read More >
- UKWIR launches 2021 research programme UKWIR has kicked off the next round of its research programme that will deliver 12 new projects that will help the water... Read More >
- UK water companies unite for Race to Zero campaign UK water companies have joined forces as part of the international Race to Zero campaign - pledging to deliver a net zero... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Water supply chain ‘mission critical' to net zero The water industry's Net Zero 2030 Routemap represents a step-change for the sector, in which increasing prominence is... Read More >
- What are the implications of the Environment Bill on the water industry? After the pandemic forced a seven-month pause in debate, the Environment Bill has returned to Parliament, precipitating... Read More >
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- Responsive environmental resilience Rich Matthews, MD at Siltbuster Process Solutions (SPS), talks about industry pressures, the current performance of water... Read More >