Farrans and Roadbridge JV awarded UU's Thirlmere mains programme
A joint venture between Farrans Construction and Roadbridge has been awarded the £85M deal to carry out United Utilities' Thirlmere Link Mains programme.
The contract involves the design, construction and commissioning of about 32km of large diameter twin water mains and 24km of large diameter water mains in the West Cumbria region.
The scheme forms part of United Utilities’ £300M Cumbrian water pipeline project to lay and reline more than 100km of pipes supplying homes and businesses from Thirlmere Reservoir. Work on the project has been broken down into several work packages, including the deal won by the Farrans and Roadbridge joint venture.
In addition to the pipeline, the overall also includes a new water treatment works, two service reservoirs and a new pumping station.
- Record number of farmers bid for UU cover crop funding A record number of Cheshire farmers have bid for funding from United Utilities to grow cover crops over winter and help... Read More >
- Pumping station switch-on for Severn Trent's £60M Newark project Severn Trent's £60M water and wastewater project in Newark has reached a new milestone, as the company has now switched on... Read More >
- Severn Trent set to expand trial with leak-finding robot Following trials earlier this year, Severn Trent is working with US-based WatchTower Robotics on creating and trialling a... Read More >
- Making the case for trenchless pipe pulling Simon Drain, managing director of Kobus Services Ltd, shines a spotlight on the scale of the pipe repair problem in the UK... Read More >
- Lead Pipe Removal: Taking the Lead Lead pipes represent a proven risk to water quality and people's health - but 50 years after they were banned for new use,... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Ready for resilience: Overcoming challenges on the BRP Working collaboratively with Severn Trent Water, independent infrastructure specialist Barhale has overcome some... Read More >
- Protecting water supplies in contaminated land James Roper, infrastructure segment manager for GPS PE Pipe Systems, discusses the complexities around installing barrier... Read More >