EMCOR UK wins Anglian facilities contract
EMCOR UK has been awarded a contract by Anglian Water to perform integrated facilities management services across 84 of its UK sites which, in total, supply water and water recycling services to more than six million customers.
From July 1st, EMCOR will provide services at 13 of Anglian Water’s corporate sites in locations across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, and Norfolk; throughout the first year of the contract an additional 71 operational sites will be added to the portfolio. The contract duration is for five years, with an option to extend for a further four years.
The Anglian Water contract is the fourth water utilities company contract awarded to EMCOR UK in four years, demonstrating its ability to deliver integrated facilities management services in highly regulated environments. The company will provide both hard and soft facilities management services including mechanical and electrical maintenance, cleaning, reception services, manned guarding, and managing external service providers.
EMCOR UK will be implementing its mobile workforce technology platform across the portfolio of sites in order to help Anglian Water maintain its estate in accordance with applicable statutory requirements, improving responsiveness and productivity, whilst reducing costs. The EMCOR UK team will also support Anglian Water in the development of various programmes, ranging from employee wellbeing and workplace productivity, to the transformation of current systems and methods of work.
Keith Chanter, CEO, EMCOR UK commented: “We are exceedingly pleased to have been selected by Anglian Water to deliver integrated facilities management services, further demonstrating the abilities and skills of our team to fulfill the exacting standards and perform according to the rigid specifications required in a highly regulated environment. We believe EMCOR UK and Anglian Water share a similar set of values which team members abide by in daily operations. It is with great anticipation that we look forward to working collaboratively with Anglian Water in the years to come.”
Karen King, Group Facilities Contract Manager at Anglian Water commented: “We are delighted to welcome EMCOR UK to our portfolio of sites. Key to the award was EMCOR UK’s commitment to our core values whilst delivering operational resilience and regulatory compliance, which is an essential requirement in our sector.”
- Yorkshire and Southern announce price restraint Water utility Yorkshire Water has announced lower-than-planned price rises for 2014 and into AMP6 (2015-20). The company... Read More >
- Waterwise launches blueprint for a water-efficient UK Waterwise has announced an ambitious blueprint for a water-efficient UK that it said will help tackle the very real... Read More >
- Scottish win for Anglian Water Business Cameron House, a five-star luxury golf and spa retreat on the banks of Loch Lomond, has switched its water supply to... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >
- Workforce wellbeing: opening Pandora's Box Caring about the wellbeing of your workforce in the utilities sector requires maturity and tenacity, writes Lanes Group... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >