EA appoints Boulting as National Pump and Panel Framework supplier
Boulting Technology has become the approved National Pump and Panel Framework supplier at the Environment Agency (EA). The manufacturer, systems integrator and pump optimisation specialist has been selected for all three lots of the framework, including tendering for the replacement of pumps, motor drives and motor control centres in pumping stations across northern England.
As part of the framework, Boulting will assist the EA upgrade the reliability and performance of new and existing assets.
Boulting has worked closely with the EA for the past ten years on the electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control planned preventative and reactive maintenance across its Northern pump stations. It has also previously provided the EA with specialist consultancy services, helping it improve energy efficiency across systems and optimise standardisation of pump station assets.
Brian Conway, Boulting's account director for framework, said: “The award of the three lots of framework to Boulting Technology is a reflection of our depth and breadth of knowledge of the critical functionality of the pumping stations. Our holistic approach to the whole system backed up by an in-depth knowledge of each process, engineering capabilities and substantial project management experience ensures we can deliver complete pumping systems of robust integrity and reliability to the Environment Agency.”
Boulting’s solution includes a range of submersible pumps to be used across land drainage applications, together with pumps that will meet fish and eel friendly requirements.
- Mott MacDonald wins Welsh public sector framework The National Procurement Service for Wales has appointed Mott MacDonald on all three phases of the new public sector... Read More >
- Scottish Water launches £300M non-infrastructure framework Scottish Water has issued an OJEU notice seeking up to six Tier 1 non-infrastructure delivery partners for its Q&S IV... Read More >
- Boulting wins operational design and build framework at UU Boulting Group, the multi-disciplined engineering solutions provider, has been successful in its bid for the Operational... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Thames Water rolls out energy-reducing sludge pump solution A smart air injection (SAI) system combined with progressive cavity pumps is proving key to more efficient sludge handling... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >