Devall to join Severn Trent from Northumbrian
Severn Trent has appointed John Devall to lead the development of its long-term investment strategy.
Devall, who will join Severn Trent in May, will work closely with the executive team to provide oversight of the company's committed £6BN investment until 2020.
He will also be responsible for supporting the company’s commitment to investing sustainably for the long term by driving forward the approach to proactive asset management and the strategic investment plan for the next regulatory period.
Devall has almost 40 years’ operational experience in the water sector. He joins Severn Trent from Northumbrian Water Group where he was most recently Director of Water with overall responsibility for all water operations, long-term water resource planning, treatment works and water distribution.
Severn Trent CEO Liv Garfield said: “We own some of the most incredible infrastructure, and recognise just what a crucial role it plays the everyday lives of our 8.1 million customers. John is perfect custodian of our long-term asset planning and I am therefore thrilled that he is joining the Severn Trent family.”
Devall said: “I’m really proud and privileged to be in a position where I make such a positive impact in such an essential public service for now and for future generations. Having been offered this tremendously exciting opportunity at Severn Trent, I’m looking forward to continuing to make a difference within the water industry.”
- Severn Trent appoints wastewater monitoring specialist Environmental monitoring specialist enitial has won a contract to help Severn Trent Water to monitor 131 of its wastewater... Read More >
- Severn Trent ‘encouraged' by financial opportunities of PR19 Severn Trent is “encouraged by the opportunities” of higher financial returns for ambitious and innovative companies in... Read More >
- Northumbrian goes 100% renewable with green electricity deal Northumbrian Water has announced that it is to power all 1,858 of its sites using renewable electricity for the next four... Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >