Devall to join Severn Trent from Northumbrian
Severn Trent has appointed John Devall to lead the development of its long-term investment strategy.
Devall, who will join Severn Trent in May, will work closely with the executive team to provide oversight of the company's committed £6BN investment until 2020.
He will also be responsible for supporting the company’s commitment to investing sustainably for the long term by driving forward the approach to proactive asset management and the strategic investment plan for the next regulatory period.
Devall has almost 40 years’ operational experience in the water sector. He joins Severn Trent from Northumbrian Water Group where he was most recently Director of Water with overall responsibility for all water operations, long-term water resource planning, treatment works and water distribution.
Severn Trent CEO Liv Garfield said: “We own some of the most incredible infrastructure, and recognise just what a crucial role it plays the everyday lives of our 8.1 million customers. John is perfect custodian of our long-term asset planning and I am therefore thrilled that he is joining the Severn Trent family.”
Devall said: “I’m really proud and privileged to be in a position where I make such a positive impact in such an essential public service for now and for future generations. Having been offered this tremendously exciting opportunity at Severn Trent, I’m looking forward to continuing to make a difference within the water industry.”
- Severn Trent Water and preferred bidder JV part company Severn Trent Water has confirmed it has parted company with the joint venture between Interserve and Kier. Read More >
- Northumbrian to invest £3M on pipe cleaning across Tyneside Northumbrian Water will improve tap water quality for around 500,000 customers by carrying out a pipe cleaning programme... Read More >
- Toxic lead levels in private water supply in Northumberland Residents connected to a private water supply in a Northumberland village have seen lead levels that far exceed the... Read More >
- Interview: Ofwat director Trevor Bishop Ofwat director Trevor Bishop explains why the regulator wants to ensure wastewater resilience becomes just as central to... Read More >
- Developer services charging: an analysis of PR19 business plans Fair Water Connections managing co-ordinator Martyn Speight provides an initial evaluation of data, specific to water... Read More >
- Bridging the gap: Tackling diversity in the water sector The water industry faces a substantial skills gap in the coming years, but could a greater focus on gender and diversity... Read More >
- Fostering a safety culture in the water industry Having the right culture is often the key to achieving excellence in safety compliance and performance. Here, David... Read More >
- Working together to make our waters healthy again New collaboration between water companies and NGOs is required to raise the ecological status of our watercourses, which... Read More >