Devall to join Severn Trent from Northumbrian
Severn Trent has appointed John Devall to lead the development of its long-term investment strategy.
Devall, who will join Severn Trent in May, will work closely with the executive team to provide oversight of the company's committed £6BN investment until 2020.
He will also be responsible for supporting the company’s commitment to investing sustainably for the long term by driving forward the approach to proactive asset management and the strategic investment plan for the next regulatory period.
Devall has almost 40 years’ operational experience in the water sector. He joins Severn Trent from Northumbrian Water Group where he was most recently Director of Water with overall responsibility for all water operations, long-term water resource planning, treatment works and water distribution.
Severn Trent CEO Liv Garfield said: “We own some of the most incredible infrastructure, and recognise just what a crucial role it plays the everyday lives of our 8.1 million customers. John is perfect custodian of our long-term asset planning and I am therefore thrilled that he is joining the Severn Trent family.”
Devall said: “I’m really proud and privileged to be in a position where I make such a positive impact in such an essential public service for now and for future generations. Having been offered this tremendously exciting opportunity at Severn Trent, I’m looking forward to continuing to make a difference within the water industry.”
- Northumbrian Water invests to balance pH and mineral content in water Northumbrian Water is investing £3.2M in new equipment at four water treatment works supplying areas of Northumberland,... Read More >
- Severn Trent sees 2 per cent profit rise despite new price controls Severn Trent Water (STW) has reported a 2.1 per cent rise in its profits to £281 million, ahead of analyst expectations,... Read More >
- Anglian Water announces £444M spending plans Anglian Water has announced details of its planned £444M capital delivery investment planned for its current financial... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >
- Ofwat's assessments keep water companies in check The regulator's initial assessment of water companies' business plans reveals that a tight financial settlement is on the... Read More >
- Opinion: How will the UK protect the environment after Brexit? The Draft Environment (Principles & Governance) Bill leaves several unanswered questions about the enforcement of the... Read More >
- Ofwat's PR19 assessments: How the industry reacted After Ofwat published its initial assessments of water companies' business plans for 2020-25, we look at the responses... Read More >
- Preparing for better phosphorus removal in AMP7 In order to meet the more stringent phosphorus removal requirements expected in 2020- 25, wastewater utilities will need to... Read More >