Costain names Mayhew as new natural resources MD
Costain has announced that Dr Maxine Mayhew will take on the role of managing director of its natural resources division.
Mayhew joined the business in 2017 and previously held the positions of water sector director and group capability director, responsible for Costain’s technology, consultancy, complex delivery and asset optimisation services.
In her new role, she will be responsible for the water, energy and defence sectors as well as Costain’s consultancy proposition.
"Our team brings industry-leading insight and expertise alongside a great track record of performance for efficient and safe delivery," Mayhew said.
"I am looking forward to working collaboratively with our clients and partners to drive a different way of thinking and subsequently creating new approaches to embed technology-led solutions and deliver game-changing outcomes for our clients.
“Furthermore, inclusion and diversity in our thinking makes us more innovative and better able to deliver smarter solutions, meeting the needs of our clients. In 2019, Costain was recognised in the Times Top 50 employers for women list for the second successive year and I am proud to be representing women at the highest level of our business.”
After completing a PhD in wastewater treatment, Mayhew has held a variety of roles in her 20 years in the water industry, focused on leadership, innovation, commercial development and strategy delivery across all aspects of the industry from operations and engineering through to central support services (marketing, supply chain, SHEQ) and retail operations.
- Arup and Costain secure Yorkshire Water contract A joint venture between Arup and Costain has secured a health and safety assurance consultancy framework contract as part... Read More >
- Severn Trent pays Costain £12m for three JVs As part of the continuing disposal of its PFI portfolio, Costain Group has sold its minority shareholdings in three joint... Read More >
- Record order book for Costain Costain's order book has reached a record £3.5bn after it secured more than £1.5bn of large and complex projects and... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >