Costain expands its technology centre
Costain is expanding its technology centre with a move to new accommodation as it broadens its offering to clients across the water, transportation and energy sectors.
By the end of the year, Costain said around 150 staff will relocate from Yatton to the new premises at Weston Gateway Business Park near Worle, North Somerset.
The group acquired the current Yatton technology facility in 2016. From an initial focus on highways, providing technology solutions such as motorway signage, signalling and CCTV systems, Costain has broadened its activities and is now providing forward-thinking technology solutions to clients across all its operations in water, transportation and energy.
The news comes on the back of a number of additional technology contract wins announced by the group over the past month. They include the M6 J21a-26 smart motorway contract and Motorway Incident Detection and Automated Signalling (MIDAS) technology systems contract for Highways England.
Costain chief executive Andrew Wyllie CBE said: “The further expansion of our technology capability through this enlarged group-wide facility is another important step towards establishing Costain as the UK’s leading smart infrastructure company.”
- Water industry in Wales to discuss strategy and regulation Senior finance, investment, asset management, environment, wastewater, customer services and commercial figures from across... Read More >
- Affinity Water introduces social tariff for housing association tenants Affinity Water has agreed a deal with North Hertfordshire Homes to secure discounted water bills for tenants who are... Read More >
- Royal Imtech goes into administration Administrators have been appointed at Dutch group Royal Imtech after it filed a request to be granted a suspension of... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >