Capula manages Severn Trent's telemetry outstations
Severn Trent Water has selected Capula to centrally manage its telemetry outstations. As part of its role as strategic ICA partner, Capula will provide a centralised procurement and stock management hub for telemetry outstations across Severn Trent Water's estate for its Capital Replacement and Replace on Fail programmes.
These will be purchased and managed on behalf of Severn Trent Water and its existing Lot 1 Framework suppliers for AMP6.
The ongoing agreement, which started last month, runs to the end of AMP6 in 2020 and offers Severn Trent Water the benefit of reducing its overall delivery risk in terms of equipment availability. Having stock readily available will improve delivery programmes.
Capula will also provide assistance to Severn Trent Water in assessing, identifying, trialling and selecting alternative telemetry solutions moving forward.
Simon Coombs, business development director at Capula, said: “Better planning of volume requirements will enable improved efficiencies in factory assembly and distribution. This in turn allows cost savings to be passed on to the end client. Capula’s expertise with telemetry systems allows us to add genuine value as Severn Trent Water’s strategic ICA partner.”
- Areas of water industry 'ripe for new thinking' - Turquoise International Turquoise International, the energy and environment merchant bank, is calling on utilities to define their technology... Read More >
- Imtech Water, Waste and Energy goes into administration Imtech Water, Waste & Energy has gone into administration, leaving nearly 70 jobs at risk. PwC has been appointed as... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water completes first EVA tunnel The first of three huge multimillion-pound bypass tunnels being built to reinforce water supplies for Birmingham have been... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >