British Water to host ‘empowered women' event
British Water is putting on an event called ‘Empowering empowered women' as part of its Women in Water Campaign.
The aim of the event is to support women in the industry with their career and personal development by presenting them with tools, tips, advice and case studies all underpinned by a message of empowerment and progression.
The event will feature a “Hear from Human Resources” session which will offer a deep dive into concrete ways of supporting women and shifting company cultures to reduce the gender gap in the workplace.
The event is taking place next Wednesday (16 October) at The Soapworks in Manchester. For further information visit https://www.britishwater.co.uk/events/women-in-water-467.aspx
- Welsh Water causes a stir in reservoir to improve raw water quality Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water has installed a new water management system into the Pontsticill reservoir to improve the... Read More >
- Annual report summarises work of 106 river catchment partnerships The Catchment Based Approach (CaBA), an initiative to drive collaborative water management across England, has published... Read More >
- Britain's water infrastructure scores highly in global survey Britain's water supply and sewerage infrastructure is rated higher than all other sectors apart from airports, according... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >