British Water focus group to explore data and analytics
British Water has founded a new focus group focusing on data and analytics, which will outline best practice in this crucial field for the industry.
The group is the latest addition to the supply chain organisation’s technical forums, and will bring together experts on data capturing, processing and usage from across the sector. At its first meeting, members of Data & Analytics Focus Group vowed to work towards a code of practice to advise UK utilities and their supply chain. The data and analytics experts also propose to compile a glossary of technical terms to streamline the way language is used across the industry.
Over the last year British Water has doubled the number of its technical forums from three to six, with the Innovation Focus Group and the Extractive Industries Focus Group being the other recent additions. The forums allow British Water members to share knowledge, make new connections and to have a say in drawing up common standards and future regulation.
British Water Technical Director Marta Perez said: “Focus groups are a fantastic opportunity for British Water members to share their expertise, and develop new contacts across the industry. As well as setting common standards and codes of practice for different areas of the water industry, British Water focus groups help build knowledge of the challenges our members face.
“The sort of detailed information provided by British Water focus groups can be tremendously useful when advising governments and regulatory bodies about new standards and legislation.”
- Anglian Water selects six partners for £1.3B AMP6 programme Balfour Beatty, Barhale, Grontmij, MMB (the joint venture between Mott MacDonald and JN Bentley), MWH and Skanska are the... Read More >
- CAA approval means RAA's UAVs can help combat flood threat Urban flood specialist Richard Allitt Associations (RAA) has announced a new aerial service to help combat the threat of... Read More >
- Shared risk needed More integration and shared risk is needed to sustain greater efficiencies in the water sector, say contractors. The... Read More >
- Opinion: Improving Resilience in AMP7 Getting the right data to measure asset health and support resilience will be crucial for water companies in meeting their... Read More >
- Focusing on what matters to customers Neil Croxton, Stantec's technical director - water distribution, on why it's not enough just to adopt new smart... Read More >
- Interview: Black and Veatch's Mark Kaney Black and Veatch's new director of asset management for Europe, Mark Kaney, tells Robin Hackett how the company hopes to... Read More >
- Can smart systems really make the industry more efficient? Smart water systems are gaining popularity, but the introduction of technology is only the first stage in a necessary change... Read More >
- Anglian's VR programme: Finding real virtues in virtual reality Anglian Water's Steve Havvas tells Robin Hackett why the company's new VR training programme is attracting widespread... Read More >