British Water focus group to explore data and analytics
British Water has founded a new focus group focusing on data and analytics, which will outline best practice in this crucial field for the industry.
The group is the latest addition to the supply chain organisation’s technical forums, and will bring together experts on data capturing, processing and usage from across the sector. At its first meeting, members of Data & Analytics Focus Group vowed to work towards a code of practice to advise UK utilities and their supply chain. The data and analytics experts also propose to compile a glossary of technical terms to streamline the way language is used across the industry.
Over the last year British Water has doubled the number of its technical forums from three to six, with the Innovation Focus Group and the Extractive Industries Focus Group being the other recent additions. The forums allow British Water members to share knowledge, make new connections and to have a say in drawing up common standards and future regulation.
British Water Technical Director Marta Perez said: “Focus groups are a fantastic opportunity for British Water members to share their expertise, and develop new contacts across the industry. As well as setting common standards and codes of practice for different areas of the water industry, British Water focus groups help build knowledge of the challenges our members face.
“The sort of detailed information provided by British Water focus groups can be tremendously useful when advising governments and regulatory bodies about new standards and legislation.”
- New tech delivers operational cost reductions for Affinity A data technology designed to enhance existing telemetry and SCADA information systems has proved its worth during a... Read More >
- EA sets 2030 net zero emissions aim The Environment Agency has set itself the aim of becoming a net zero organisation by 2030. Read More >
- Yorkshire Water to install record number of acoustic loggers Yorkshire Water has announced that it will invest £10 million to install a world-record number of acoustic loggers in its... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >