Book now to attend Water Industry Awards
Places are now available to attend the showpiece event celebrating the water industry, with reduced rates available online until Friday March 16th.
Bookings are now being taken for guests to attend the Water Industry Awards, the annual celebration of excellence in the water industry which is organised by WWT and WET News.
This year sees a record 71 entries shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
Reflecting current regulatory trends in the industry which emphasise innovation, resilience and new areas of market competition, this year the awards feature four new categories: Water Company of the Year, Water Industry Contractor of the Year, Sludge & Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year and Water Resilience Initiative of the Year.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham; this takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utility industry. The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Asset International.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” says WWT and WET News Editor James Brockett. “Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
Book before Friday (March 16th) to benefit from reduced ‘Early Bird’ rates. For details of how to book online visit: http://www.waterindustryachievementawards.info/wia2018/en/page/book-your-table
For assistance with your booking please contact the sales lead Mark Scott, Water Industry Awards Telesales Executive, 01342 332047 / MarkScott@fav-house.com
- 'Radical change' required in UK water The UK needs to see 'radical change' in the way it delivers water and wastewater services, Albion Water's executive... Read More >
- WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General... Read More >
- UK falling behind on innovation investment The UK is lagging well behind countries like Israel, Canada, Singapore and the Netherlands in water technology investment... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >
- Delivering innovation through collaboration Dwr Cymru Welsh Water innovation scientist Euan Hampton says the company is seeing the benefits of opening itself up to... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >