Book now to attend Water Industry Awards
Places are now available to attend the showpiece event celebrating the water industry, with reduced rates available online until Friday March 16th.
Bookings are now being taken for guests to attend the Water Industry Awards, the annual celebration of excellence in the water industry which is organised by WWT and WET News.
This year sees a record 71 entries shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
Reflecting current regulatory trends in the industry which emphasise innovation, resilience and new areas of market competition, this year the awards feature four new categories: Water Company of the Year, Water Industry Contractor of the Year, Sludge & Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year and Water Resilience Initiative of the Year.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham; this takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utility industry. The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Asset International.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” says WWT and WET News Editor James Brockett. “Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
Book before Friday (March 16th) to benefit from reduced ‘Early Bird’ rates. For details of how to book online visit: http://www.waterindustryachievementawards.info/wia2018/en/page/book-your-table
For assistance with your booking please contact the sales lead Mark Scott, Water Industry Awards Telesales Executive, 01342 332047 / MarkScott@fav-house.com
- Balfour Beatty uses awards to benchmark customer service Balfour Beatty is to recognise outstanding customer service in its gas and water operations through the WOW! Awards, an... Read More >
- Severn Trent Water, Echologics and Loughborough University triumph in WIAAs Severn Trent Water, Echologics and Loughborough University triumphed last night when they were crowned outright winner of... Read More >
- Grundfos and Novozymes collaborate to solve global water challenges Enzymes and micro-organisms specialist Novozymes and pump technologies group Grundfos are collaborating to find new... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Reducing supply interruptions Supply interruptions are one of the biggest sources of frustration for customers, but there are solutions that can help... Read More >
- Utileyes: Northumbrian's award-winning 'virtual visit' app The Utileyes app - which allows Northumbrian Water Group technicians to view potential problems inside customers' homes... Read More >
- River rescue: High-resolution monitoring of nutrient pollution OTT Hydrometry's Nigel Grimsley discusses the technologies that have overcome traditional barriers to the continuous... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >