Book now to attend Water Industry Awards
Places are now available to attend the showpiece event celebrating the water industry, with reduced rates available online until Friday March 16th.
Bookings are now being taken for guests to attend the Water Industry Awards, the annual celebration of excellence in the water industry which is organised by WWT and WET News.
This year sees a record 71 entries shortlisted across 14 categories, with projects and initiatives from every corner of the UK featuring as water utilities, their contractors and suppliers put forward their most outstanding examples of their work.
Reflecting current regulatory trends in the industry which emphasise innovation, resilience and new areas of market competition, this year the awards feature four new categories: Water Company of the Year, Water Industry Contractor of the Year, Sludge & Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year and Water Resilience Initiative of the Year.
The awards will be handed out at a glittering black-tie ceremony on Monday 21 May at the Vox, Birmingham; this takes place on the eve of Utility Week Live, the showpiece annual exhibition for the utility industry. The awards are sponsored by the British Precast Drainage Association, Galliford Try, NM Group and Asset International.
“With a healthy number of entries this year and an extremely high standard, our judges had a very difficult time determining the shortlist for the Water Industry Awards and an even harder time picking the winners,” says WWT and WET News Editor James Brockett. “Our new categories provoked some especially intense debate; it’s clear that water utilities and contractors alike are carrying out a host of innovative projects at the moment as they prepare for further competition and reform in this essential industry. Join us on 21 May at the Vox in Birmingham to find out who has come out on top.”
Book before Friday (March 16th) to benefit from reduced ‘Early Bird’ rates. For details of how to book online visit: http://www.waterindustryachievementawards.info/wia2018/en/page/book-your-table
For assistance with your booking please contact the sales lead Mark Scott, Water Industry Awards Telesales Executive, 01342 332047 / MarkScott@fav-house.com
- UK sewer sensor research wins Australian prize Researchers from two UK universities have won a major Australian innovation prize for their work on a new type of sensor... Read More >
- Minworth Gas-to-Grid project team triumphs at water 'Oscars' LORImtech, CNG Services and Severn Trent Services triumphed last night when they were crowned outright winner of the Water... Read More >
- EIC forms partnerships with Anglian and Yorkshire The Energy Innovation Centre (EIC) has announced partnerships with Anglian Water and Yorkshire Water. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- Achieving zero interruptions and leakage Rik Gunderson, UK utility director at Software AG, looks ahead to WWT's Water Industry Innovation Conference. Read More >
- Revolutionising infrastructure Gavin Stonard, engineering director at nmcn, examines whether standardisation is the solution to digital transformation in... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >