BASF completes sale of IWM to Degremont
The sale of BASF's French-based subsidiary Industrial Water Management France SAS (IWM) to water treatment specialist Degrémont has been completed.
Degrémont, part of Suez Environnement, will continue operations at the production sites in Lyon and La Courneuve, France.
Following the sale of IWM, BASF said its Water Solutions business remains focused on offering a comprehensive range of water treatment chemicals and membrane filtration technology for the industrial and municipal wastewater treatment sector.
Matthias Halusa, vice president of BASF’s Water Solutions business, said: “We continue to create chemistry that is tailored to our water industry customers."
- Mott MacDonald wins £31M expansion WwTW project in New Zealand Mott MacDonald is to design the NZ$63 million (£31M) expansion of Rosedale wastewater treatment plant in Auckland, New... Read More >
- New powers sought to ease congestion during utility streetworks The Local Government Association (LGA) is calling for councils to have new powers to ease traffic congestion caused by... Read More >
- Households could lose up to £1000 from nationalisation, study claims Households in the UK could lose an average of nearly £1,000 each under Labour's nationalisation plans, according to a new... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- New dimensions: How BIM drove Scottish Water's Tullich WTW project With ESD making extensive use of BIM including 4D visualisation tools, Scottish Water has successfully completed a £29... Read More >
- Microplastics: Plastics, plastics everywhere There is growing evidence that microplastics passed on through our wastewater have become widespread in aquatic... Read More >
- Offsite build powers South East Water's £22M treatment works expansion South East Water's expansion of Bray Keleher Water Treatment Works is in full swing, with offsite manufacture aiding... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Pesticide protection Metaldehyde cannot be removed effectively with standard drinking water treatment processes, but there are technologies... Read More >