Atkins to provide digital-led developer services to Southern Water
Southern Water has awarded Atkins a contract to provide it with enhanced developer services using the latest technology in robotic process automation.
The new service contract – which runs until 2024 – is central to Southern Water’s delivery of Developer Services to its customers. Under the contract, Atkins’ team will be fully integrated with Southern Water, helping to process all developer applications in relation to new connections, adoptions, diversions, new applications and variations (NAV) and self-lay.
Water companies are increasing their focus on service to developers as a result of Ofwat’s introduction of a new common performance commitment for 2020-25 concentrating on developer experience. A new measure - D-MeX – will be used to take account of developer views of the service received.
Guy Ledger, client director at SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business, said: “With water companies facing greater scrutiny and potential penalties arising from their services to developer customers, our specialist developer services team has committed to using technology to make a step change in performance, cost and quality. Using digital innovation, we will build on our long-standing relationship with Southern Water to help them achieve their customer focused outcomes.”
Global design, engineering and project management consultancy Atkins is part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, having been acquired by the professional services and project management company in July 2017.
- Costain JV selected by Southern Water as AMP7 partner Costain and its existing joint venture partner MWH Treatment have been selected by Southern Water to extend the AMP6... Read More >
- Southern Water signs Social Mobility Pledge Southern Water has pledged to help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds get a foot on the career ladder. Read More >
- Portsmouth and Southern reveal plans for new reservoir Portsmouth Water has unveiled proposals to build a new reservoir in collaboration with Southern Water. Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >