Atkins named Yorkshire Water assurance partner
Atkins has been appointed by Yorkshire Water Services Limited as one of its Assurance Partners to ensure Yorkshire Water and its partners are compliant with the company's governance, standards, policies and procedures.
Atkins will implement an assurance model that ensures compliance to engineering and asset standards and quality scope and risk, as well as environment, sustainability and ecology.
Daressa Frodsham, head of UK Water at SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business, said: "Assurance is critical in making sure that Yorkshire Water manages the risk associated with the delivery of its Asset Management Plan that includes the upgrading, renewal, replacement and building of new assets in the most effective and appropriate way, and that it continues to learn and develop its understanding of those assets.
"We’ve brought together a world-class team to ensure that our client uses best industry knowledge and thinking throughout its asset delivery process, and ultimately that the customer and wider society receive both value for money and a resilient service.”
Atkins’ team brings together a wide range of disciplines, from water and environmental specialists to experts in digital asset management, to promote and assure innovative and robust solutions for Yorkshire Water in AMP7.
Paul Robins, continuous improvement manager at Yorkshire Water, said: “Following a 12-month selection process, we are delighted to be working with Atkins on our new Assurance Framework.
"The framework supports our enhanced assurance approach which is aimed at providing specialist, targeted assurance to meet the challenging needs of AMP7.
"Atkins bring a range of specialists to support our technical and environmental assurance needs, promoting collaborative working, innovation and continual improvement within the Yorkshire Water supply chain."
This win builds on Atkins’ vast experience on the UK’s most strategic water projects, from Wessex Water’s Optimiser to the Birmingham Resilience Project.
- NWG selects five for ten-year frameworks Mott MacDonald Bentley, Interserve, Integrated Water Services and a joint venture between Esh Construction and MWH have... Read More >
- Arup and Costain secure Yorkshire Water contract A joint venture between Arup and Costain has secured a health and safety assurance consultancy framework contract as part... Read More >
- Amey wins £113M wastewater R + M deal at Yorkshire Water Services provider Amey has been selected to carry out Yorkshire Water's wastewater network repair and maintenance work.... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >