Atkins appoints new head of UK water
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, has appointed Daressa Frodsham as its head of UK water, responsible for increasing the company's footprint in the UK water market.
A chemical engineer by profession, Frodsham has more than 25 years’ experience working in the water industry, including roles as director for water and environment at Ricardo Energy & Environment, and head of engineering and head of capital delivery performance at United Utilities.
In her new role, she will be responsible for driving further growth in the water sector and delivering customer-focused outcomes for UK water companies.
Richard Whale, water market director for SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business, said: “Daressa is a recognised leader in the water industry who will add to our expertise in creating game changing solutions that harness natural environmental management strategies and the latest technologies.
"Her depth of experience, which includes leading transformational capital delivery programmes and building consultancy teams, will be a great asset as we continue to grow our water capability.”
Atkins supports the water, wastewater and water-related environmental sectors with services from water strategy planning and flood management to infrastructure investment planning, design and asset optimisation.
SNC-Lavalin acquired WS Atkins plc on July 3, 2017.
- Dwr Cymru Welsh Water invests in upgrading water main Dwr Cymru Welsh Water is investing £100,000 on a major project to upgrade the water main on the Cleddau Bridge,... Read More >
- TWCS recruits as its targets greater share of Scottish retail market Thames Water Commercial Services (TWCS) has signalled its intention to tap further into the Scottish non-household water... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water awards £650m infrastructure frameworks Yorkshire Water has awarded clean and waste infrastructure and customer focused infrastructure frameworks with a combined... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >