Arup announces Chisholm appointment
Douglas Chisholm has joined Arup in London, bringing over 30 years of leadership experience and knowledge in consultancy, construction and client-side programme management.
Chisholm will help drive the development of the firm’s highways and water advisory businesses, leading new business growth to strengthen its programme and project management position in infrastructure and industrial development.
Prior to joining Arup, Chisholm was transportation programme director at Atkins, where he led programmes and projects in the transportation sector for clients such as Highways England, Network Rail and Transport for London.
He also led teams in rail engineering consultancy and multi-discipline design, mobilising the joint Arup-Atkins team at Crossrail.
- Two non-executive recruits for South East Water South East Water (SEW) has announced the appointment of two new non-executive directors - Chris Girling and Olivier Fortin... Read More >
- Cities must improve resilience to avoid Day Zero - Arup Increasing numbers of cities worldwide risk reaching Day Zero, with taps running dry, and exacerbating the effects of... Read More >
- Howard Boyd handed second term as Environment Agency chair Emma Howard Boyd has been reappointed as chair of the Environment Agency. Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >