Aqualogic to distribute Trimble Unity smart water platform
UK-based water specialist Aqualogic has become the distributor for the Trimble Unity smart water software platform for water companies in the UK.
Trimble Unity is a cloud-based, GIS-centric Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that offers a suite of applications and tools for the water, wastewater, stormwater and environmental water industry.
The solution, which is already being successfully employed by the water industry in the United States as well as by one water company in the UK, supports companies to implement smart technology to save costs, reduce water loss and enhance the performance of their assets – all of which lead to improved regulatory compliance and customer service.
Trimble Unity provides situational awareness of water and wastewater utility asset performance, offering a single view of remote monitoring data, performance measurement reports, GIS, operational data, asset conditions and events.
Customers can leverage Trimble Unity's configurable web and mobile work management, analysis and data collection workflows for responding to alarms or events, assessing the condition of the utility network assets and collecting authoritative asset data in the field.
Trimble Unity allows customers to integrate the solution with their existing back office customer service and asset management systems and provides a single GIS-centric field solution across an entire workforce.
Aqualogic managing director Ben Rice said: “Collaborating with Trimble builds on the work we have been doing across the UK water industry innovating with disruptive leak detection technology.
"The Trimble Unity platform will allow water companies to view and manage current and new assets in the field, all in one place using one platform – UK water companies see this as an ideal solution to significantly improve field operations."
Saad Latif, Trimble Water’s regional business manager, added: “Aqualogic is a specialist in water management and field services as well as acoustic leak detection.
“Working with Aqualogic is an ideal choice for their expertise and contacts across the industry to launch the Trimble Unity platform in the UK.”
For more information on Trimble, see our Innovation Zone special on improving network operation.
- Qatar Olympic Committee joins British Water visit The Olympic Committee in Qatar is just one of the participants in a packed schedule for British Water's return trip to the... Read More >
- Bristol Water selects Kier for maintenance services deal Kier will be the sole provider of Bristol Water's £20M a year network maintenance services programme. The five-year... Read More >
- Thames Water trials leak monitoring for EU-funded research Thames Water is installing innovative leak monitoring kit to a main pipe serving Reading as part of a Europe-wide research... Read More >
- Interview: Black and Veatch's Mark Kaney Black and Veatch's new director of asset management for Europe, Mark Kaney, tells Robin Hackett how the company hopes to... Read More >
- Can smart systems really make the industry more efficient? Smart water systems are gaining popularity, but the introduction of technology is only the first stage in a necessary change... Read More >
- Anglian's VR programme: Finding real virtues in virtual reality Anglian Water's Steve Havvas tells Robin Hackett why the company's new VR training programme is attracting widespread... Read More >
- Water 4.0 and the wastewater cycle To make a success of Water 4.0, the industry needs to work from the bottom up, installing the right monitoring equipment... Read More >
- Smart Water Systems – can they really make the water industry more efficient? Smart water systems are gaining popularity, but the introduction of technology is only the first stage in a necessary change... Read More >