Aqualogic to distribute Trimble Unity smart water platform
UK-based water specialist Aqualogic has become the distributor for the Trimble Unity smart water software platform for water companies in the UK.
Trimble Unity is a cloud-based, GIS-centric Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that offers a suite of applications and tools for the water, wastewater, stormwater and environmental water industry.
The solution, which is already being successfully employed by the water industry in the United States as well as by one water company in the UK, supports companies to implement smart technology to save costs, reduce water loss and enhance the performance of their assets – all of which lead to improved regulatory compliance and customer service.
Trimble Unity provides situational awareness of water and wastewater utility asset performance, offering a single view of remote monitoring data, performance measurement reports, GIS, operational data, asset conditions and events.
Customers can leverage Trimble Unity's configurable web and mobile work management, analysis and data collection workflows for responding to alarms or events, assessing the condition of the utility network assets and collecting authoritative asset data in the field.
Trimble Unity allows customers to integrate the solution with their existing back office customer service and asset management systems and provides a single GIS-centric field solution across an entire workforce.
Aqualogic managing director Ben Rice said: “Collaborating with Trimble builds on the work we have been doing across the UK water industry innovating with disruptive leak detection technology.
"The Trimble Unity platform will allow water companies to view and manage current and new assets in the field, all in one place using one platform – UK water companies see this as an ideal solution to significantly improve field operations."
Saad Latif, Trimble Water’s regional business manager, added: “Aqualogic is a specialist in water management and field services as well as acoustic leak detection.
“Working with Aqualogic is an ideal choice for their expertise and contacts across the industry to launch the Trimble Unity platform in the UK.”
For more information on Trimble, see our Innovation Zone special on improving network operation.
- APEM and Xylem team up over hydrometrics APEM has teamed up with Xylem Analytics to extend its services in hydrometrics. The deal enables APEM to build on its... Read More >
- NMCNomenca wins Severn Trent AMP6 deal NMCNomenca is to help deliver Severn Trent Water's next phase of upgrade and improvement works as part of a £400-£500M... Read More >
- UKSE funding enables Clearwater to expand Engineering firm Clearwater Controls is set to make waves in international markets following a six-figure deal with UK... Read More >
- Can we future-proof water utilities' data transmission? As the deadlines for BT's withdrawal of TDM and PSTN services approach, water utilities with legacy systems will need to... Read More >
- New dimensions: How BIM drove Scottish Water's Tullich WTW project With ESD making extensive use of BIM including 4D visualisation tools, Scottish Water has successfully completed a £29... Read More >
- Digital digging: OS and NWG's underground mapping system Ordnance Survey helped pioneer an idea for a new digital mapping system for underground utilities at Northumbrian Water's... Read More >
- Thames' eight2O alliance sees benefits in Active Risk Manager Alliance has deployed ARM to manage projects as part of Thames Water's capital investment programme Read More >
- Opinion: Improving Resilience in AMP7 Getting the right data to measure asset health and support resilience will be crucial for water companies in meeting their... Read More >