Aqualogic to distribute Trimble Unity smart water platform
UK-based water specialist Aqualogic has become the distributor for the Trimble Unity smart water software platform for water companies in the UK.
Trimble Unity is a cloud-based, GIS-centric Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that offers a suite of applications and tools for the water, wastewater, stormwater and environmental water industry.
The solution, which is already being successfully employed by the water industry in the United States as well as by one water company in the UK, supports companies to implement smart technology to save costs, reduce water loss and enhance the performance of their assets – all of which lead to improved regulatory compliance and customer service.
Trimble Unity provides situational awareness of water and wastewater utility asset performance, offering a single view of remote monitoring data, performance measurement reports, GIS, operational data, asset conditions and events.
Customers can leverage Trimble Unity's configurable web and mobile work management, analysis and data collection workflows for responding to alarms or events, assessing the condition of the utility network assets and collecting authoritative asset data in the field.
Trimble Unity allows customers to integrate the solution with their existing back office customer service and asset management systems and provides a single GIS-centric field solution across an entire workforce.
Aqualogic managing director Ben Rice said: “Collaborating with Trimble builds on the work we have been doing across the UK water industry innovating with disruptive leak detection technology.
"The Trimble Unity platform will allow water companies to view and manage current and new assets in the field, all in one place using one platform – UK water companies see this as an ideal solution to significantly improve field operations."
Saad Latif, Trimble Water’s regional business manager, added: “Aqualogic is a specialist in water management and field services as well as acoustic leak detection.
“Working with Aqualogic is an ideal choice for their expertise and contacts across the industry to launch the Trimble Unity platform in the UK.”
For more information on Trimble, see our Innovation Zone special on improving network operation.
- Danish company explores 'disruptive' robotic technology for WwTPs Danish water company Aarhus Vand is working with Blue Ocean Robotics to develop robotic technology for wastewater... Read More >
- Ally Pally water monitoring deal for ESG ESG, which provides testing, inspection and compliance services, has been awarded a two-year contract to carry out water... Read More >
- Ofwat cracks down on bad debt Ofwat has called on water companies to crack down on bad debt, saying it costs each customer in the UK £21 a year, and... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Problem solving upfront: embracing digital technology Scottish Water is the latest water utility to make advances in digital engineering through the use of BIM technology,... Read More >
- Managing infrastructure presents a growing digital challenge Mark Kaney, director of asset management at Sweco UK, calls for the water industry to support a deeper commitment to data... Read More >
- Comment: The future of asset planning in a data-driven world United Utilities' use of modelling software to analyse and predict deterioration in its sewer network is an example of the... Read More >
- Operational Records Key for WWTPs' Long-Term Goals Good data on the performance of treatment plants is important not only for meeting quality standards in the present, but in... Read More >