Aqualogic to distribute Trimble Unity smart water platform
UK-based water specialist Aqualogic has become the distributor for the Trimble Unity smart water software platform for water companies in the UK.
Trimble Unity is a cloud-based, GIS-centric Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that offers a suite of applications and tools for the water, wastewater, stormwater and environmental water industry.
The solution, which is already being successfully employed by the water industry in the United States as well as by one water company in the UK, supports companies to implement smart technology to save costs, reduce water loss and enhance the performance of their assets – all of which lead to improved regulatory compliance and customer service.
Trimble Unity provides situational awareness of water and wastewater utility asset performance, offering a single view of remote monitoring data, performance measurement reports, GIS, operational data, asset conditions and events.
Customers can leverage Trimble Unity's configurable web and mobile work management, analysis and data collection workflows for responding to alarms or events, assessing the condition of the utility network assets and collecting authoritative asset data in the field.
Trimble Unity allows customers to integrate the solution with their existing back office customer service and asset management systems and provides a single GIS-centric field solution across an entire workforce.
Aqualogic managing director Ben Rice said: “Collaborating with Trimble builds on the work we have been doing across the UK water industry innovating with disruptive leak detection technology.
"The Trimble Unity platform will allow water companies to view and manage current and new assets in the field, all in one place using one platform – UK water companies see this as an ideal solution to significantly improve field operations."
Saad Latif, Trimble Water’s regional business manager, added: “Aqualogic is a specialist in water management and field services as well as acoustic leak detection.
“Working with Aqualogic is an ideal choice for their expertise and contacts across the industry to launch the Trimble Unity platform in the UK.”
For more information on Trimble, see our Innovation Zone special on improving network operation.
- Water firms must 'aggressively innovate' to avoid inflation impact Water companies must ‘aggressively innovate' and deliver work in AMP7 more efficiently as the sector’s inflation rises at... Read More >
- UV to help Yorkshire achieve Blue Flag beaches Yorkshire Water is using a UV system from Canadian supplier Trojan at Scarborough wastewater treatment works. The... Read More >
- Role for Water UK is ‘listening, not lobbying' says Taylor The current regulatory environment means that Water UK's role is increasingly about listening, planning and sharing... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: AIR-VAC micro vacuum excavator The AIR-VAC micro vacuum excavator was built for excavating around congested buried live utilities in areas with limited... Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >