Anglian Water to start £5.4m project in Scunthorpe
Anglian Water will begin the installation of a new water main in Scunthorpe this month to support the growth of the new Lincolnshire Lakes development.
The new mains pipe, a result of a £5.4 million investment by the water company, will ensure a resilient water supply for the future amid increasing demand.
The work, which gets underway on Monday 19 August, will see over 13km of new pipe laid in the area, with work expected to be completed by July 2020.
David Hartley, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: "Operating in one of the fastest growing areas in the UK, this scheme will help to support future growth, ensuring we can maintain current water pressure to the area as the population grows in the Lincolnshire Lakes.
"This development is a significant one within the area of Scunthorpe and this work is just another example of our commitment to making sure that our network is fit to meet the demands of a growing population.”
- Emergency drive hire avoids pollution risk for Anglian The loan of a variable speed drive (VSD) at short notice ensured that Anglian Water avoided the risk of a sewage leak at... Read More >
- Unfinished Horncastle flood storage reservoir can be used, says EA The Environment Agency (EA) has announced that the long-awaited Horncastle flood storage reservoir can now be used to... Read More >
- Anglian Water issues £250M Green Bond to finance sustainability strategy Anglian Water has issued the first ever utility sector Sterling (GBP) Green Bond. The £250M Green Bond will be used to... Read More >
- Safe handling: @One's pipe coil initiative When a member of the @One Alliance team suffered serious injuries while installing a section of coiled pipe, the company... Read More >
- Taking a stance on HAVS Jacqui McLaughlin, chief executive of Reactec, looks at how the risk from exposure to hand-arm vibration is assessed and... Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >
- Under pressure: Tackling leakage in new networks Leakage in new pipelines represents a significant problem but, working alongside Scottish Water, Ant Hire Solutions has... Read More >
- Making pipeline construction projects effective and sustainable The use of recycled pipe bedding and connections to development on brownfield sites are two ways in which plastic pipes... Read More >