Anglian Water to start £5.4m project in Scunthorpe
Anglian Water will begin the installation of a new water main in Scunthorpe this month to support the growth of the new Lincolnshire Lakes development.
The new mains pipe, a result of a £5.4 million investment by the water company, will ensure a resilient water supply for the future amid increasing demand.
The work, which gets underway on Monday 19 August, will see over 13km of new pipe laid in the area, with work expected to be completed by July 2020.
David Hartley, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: "Operating in one of the fastest growing areas in the UK, this scheme will help to support future growth, ensuring we can maintain current water pressure to the area as the population grows in the Lincolnshire Lakes.
"This development is a significant one within the area of Scunthorpe and this work is just another example of our commitment to making sure that our network is fit to meet the demands of a growing population.”
- Anglian becomes third to appeal final determination Anglian Water has asked Ofwat to refer its PR19 final determination to the CMA and becomes the third company to do so. Read More >
- Anglian CEO becomes co-chair of climate change group Anglian Water chief executive Peter Simpson has been appointed co-chair of the UK Corporate Leaders Group (CLG), a group... Read More >
- Clancy using new trenchless innovation on Anglian contract Clancy has invested in a new trenchless pipe-lining innovation capable of repairing faults up to five times more quickly... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >