Anglian Water to start £5.4m project in Scunthorpe
Anglian Water will begin the installation of a new water main in Scunthorpe this month to support the growth of the new Lincolnshire Lakes development.
The new mains pipe, a result of a £5.4 million investment by the water company, will ensure a resilient water supply for the future amid increasing demand.
The work, which gets underway on Monday 19 August, will see over 13km of new pipe laid in the area, with work expected to be completed by July 2020.
David Hartley, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: "Operating in one of the fastest growing areas in the UK, this scheme will help to support future growth, ensuring we can maintain current water pressure to the area as the population grows in the Lincolnshire Lakes.
"This development is a significant one within the area of Scunthorpe and this work is just another example of our commitment to making sure that our network is fit to meet the demands of a growing population.”
- Farmers get behind Anglian's Slug It Out campaign A trial campaign by Anglian Water to tackle metaldehyde in drinking water reservoirs has seen 100% of the targeted farmers... Read More >
- 'Clear drivers' for water industry to invest in demand response There is huge latent potential for the water industry to work with energy providers on demand response, and clear... Read More >
- Anglian to spend £444M over coming year Anglian Water plans to plough £444M into maintaining and improving customer services across the East of England over the... Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >
- Under pressure: Tackling leakage in new networks Leakage in new pipelines represents a significant problem but, working alongside Scottish Water, Ant Hire Solutions has... Read More >
- Making pipeline construction projects effective and sustainable The use of recycled pipe bedding and connections to development on brownfield sites are two ways in which plastic pipes... Read More >
- SES Water seeks out below-ground intelligence Collaborative work to assess the condition of pipes in the Sutton and East Surrey region is set to give SES Water... Read More >
- Making the case for trenchless pipe pulling Simon Drain, managing director of Kobus Services Ltd, shines a spotlight on the scale of the pipe repair problem in the UK... Read More >