Anglian Water to start £5.4m project in Scunthorpe
Anglian Water will begin the installation of a new water main in Scunthorpe this month to support the growth of the new Lincolnshire Lakes development.
The new mains pipe, a result of a £5.4 million investment by the water company, will ensure a resilient water supply for the future amid increasing demand.
The work, which gets underway on Monday 19 August, will see over 13km of new pipe laid in the area, with work expected to be completed by July 2020.
David Hartley, Anglian Water spokesperson, said: "Operating in one of the fastest growing areas in the UK, this scheme will help to support future growth, ensuring we can maintain current water pressure to the area as the population grows in the Lincolnshire Lakes.
"This development is a significant one within the area of Scunthorpe and this work is just another example of our commitment to making sure that our network is fit to meet the demands of a growing population.”
- Selwood continues as framework partner at Anglian Water Pump rental solutions supplier Selwood has retained its position as a framework partner to Anglian Water for a further... Read More >
- Network Rail issues multimillion-pound bill to Thames over burst main Thames Water is facing 'a multimillion-pound bill' from Network Rail with a burst water main and several other leaks... Read More >
- Anglian selects Servelec telemetry to monitor private pumping network Anglian Water has selected Servelec Technologies' S2000micro remote telemetry unit to monitor the remainder of its private... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Water pipelines - is there life after design life? Understanding the residual life of pipelines is crucial to making effective investment decisions, writes Guy Cleveland,... Read More >
- Safe handling: @One's pipe coil initiative When a member of the @One Alliance team suffered serious injuries while installing a section of coiled pipe, the company... Read More >
- Taking a stance on HAVS Jacqui McLaughlin, chief executive of Reactec, looks at how the risk from exposure to hand-arm vibration is assessed and... Read More >