Anglian Water partners with WaterStart
Anglian Water has become the first water company in Europe to join US based, water innovation organisation, WaterStart.
The new partnership was announced at the Water Innovation Network's annual engagement event last week.
The Water Innovation Network is a partnership between Allia and Anglian Water working to drive innovation in the water industry. Suppliers are invited to submit their solutions to identified challenges and opportunities in the water industry. If approved by the Review Group, these solutions can then be trialled and integrated or given further support to evolve and develop into a solution that's fit for purpose.
Anglian Water are looking to build on the success of the Water Innovation Network through the new partnership with WaterStart gaining further engagement with the global innovation community. WaterStart's not-for-profit model provides a platform for co-funding deployment of new technologies and sharing best practices. Founded in Nevada, USA, WaterStart is rapidly growing across the western USA and Australia. Today, WaterStart has deployed technology to address more the $30Million of challenges, to benefit more than 10 million people across its members. Anglian Water is the first European based organisation to be accepted as a WaterStart member.
Shaunna Berendsen, head of innovation engagement for Anglian Water, said: "Our Water Innovation Network provides unique opportunities and support for organisations that have innovative solutions to business challenges within the water sector."
"Partnering with WaterStart gives us the opportunity to widen our network internationally to access global solutions as well as a back catalogue of trials and case studies so that we can adopt the latest innovations, quickly. Along with this, we're giving SME's an opportunity to present their products to an international audience with the potential to tackle challenges beyond those in our region."
WaterStart executive director Nathan Allen added: "Anglian Water is a globally recognised leader in the water industry and we're very excited to welcome them as our newest member. This new partnership both expands WaterStart's impact into Europe and brings a wealth of expertise and experience into our association to benefit all our stakeholders."
- WWT working with Ofwat to deliver innovation webinar WWT, in association with Ofwat, will be hosting a webinar to highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water appoints Artesia Consulting and i20 Water for SIDS A collaboration between Artesia Consulting and i20 Water has been appointed to work on Yorkshire Water's supply... Read More >
- WWT webinar to reveal insights from Yorkshire Water's smart network pilot WWTonline will be running a webinar next Tuesday, 8 September, which delves into the challenge of building a smart... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- UKWP releases Digital Water whitepaper and call to action UKWP identifies next steps to help UK plc win its share of $30 billion digital revolution in water Read More >
- A smarter water future Andrew Welsh, General Manager for Water Utilities at Xylem Water Solutions UK, talks about how we can future-proof water... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >