Anglian gets asset management accreditation
Anglian Water has announced it has become one of the first companies to achieve ISO55001 accreditation, the new international standard in asset management. This standard is awarded to businesses that effectively and efficiently manage their approach to asset management, whether it is physical infrastructure, management processes, maintenance or planning.
The previously recognised standard (PAS55) has been widely adopted by utility, manufacturing, mining and transport companies worldwide. This new standard builds on this and has been developed with organisations from more than 30 countries worldwide.
John Green, business improvement manager for Anglian Water, said: “As a company we’re dependent on our assets in the delivery of water and water recycling services to over six million customers.
“This accreditation gives extra confidence to everyone who relies on our business that we’re managing our assets in the most efficient way possible, as well as providing opportunities to continually improve what we do.”
The ISO55001 standard was assessed over two weeks in January by Lloyds Register. The assessors praised Anglian Water’s engagement with customers and stakeholders when developing its strategies and recognised how the management system had matured over the certification period.
- GB ranked second for water and sewerage services A new international survey has revealed that the satisfaction rating for Great Britain's water and sewerage services is... Read More >
- WWT working with Ofwat to deliver innovation webinar WWT, in association with Ofwat, will be hosting a webinar to highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational... Read More >
- Wessex Water to spend £50m on water treatment centre Wessex Water is investing £50 million to improve and rebuild its Durleigh Water Treatment Centre near Bridgwater. Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >