Anglian chairman set to retire
The chairman of Anglian Water is retiring from the company's board after five years in the role.
Stephen Billingham steered the board through the PR19 process and the recently requested CMA referral.
He said: “It has been great to be part of Anglian. I have been impressed by all of our team who deliver a first class service to our customers. The level of innovation and the desire to be the best is everywhere in our company. I am sure that, as I have seen numerous times before, the current challenges facing the company will bring out the very best in the Anglian team for our customers, the environment and wider society.”
Peter Simpson, Anglian Water CEO, said: “I would like to thank Stephen on behalf of the company, board and our shareholders for his service to Anglian. He has led the Board through some challenging and important decisions, always with a concern for the good of all our stakeholders, employees and customers. We all wish him well for the future.”
Current senior independent non-executive director, John Hirst will take over as chairman from April.
- Anglian Water partners with WaterStart Anglian Water has become the first water company in Europe to join US based, water innovation organisation, WaterStart. Read More >
- Anglian Water complete remote monitoring trial with 8power Anglian Water has completed a successful trial with 8power, using remote condition monitoring sensors and analytic... Read More >
- Rising main monitoring programme leads to savings for Anglian Syrinix has carried out a programme of pressure monitoring on behalf of Anglian Water, giving the water company the... Read More >
- Delivering essential learning in a digital landscape As onsite training takes a back seat due to Covid-19, digital sessions are proving to be an effective alternative with... Read More >
- Skills gap fundamentals remain undiminished by Covid-19 Sue Caccavone, technical director of BV Academy - Black & Veatch argues that the need for utility skills development is... Read More >
- Association offers help sourcing PPE for water workers With the global demand for protective clothing likely to continue to impact the water industry, there should be no... Read More >
- Getting on in your health and safety career Health and safety leaders offer professional development tips for those aspiring to a career which put care for colleagues... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >