Amey appoints McLoughlin as interim MD of utilities
Amey has announced the appointment of David McLoughlin as interim MD of utilities.
An experienced commercial, construction and asset management executive, McLoughlin has over 30 years’ client and supplier side experience and has worked across a range of sectors.
A former finance and commercial director for Network Rail’s infrastructure projects division, he has also been chief executive of civil engineering company Spencer Group.
He is joining Amey from Brandes House Consultancy, where he was managing director.
Amey chief executive Andy Milner said: “David has a wealth of experience and will add great value to our utilities business as he helps shape our future strategy. I am delighted he has decided to join us at this exciting time for Amey.”
McLoughlin added: “This is an exciting time for Amey’s utilities business with some great opportunities on the horizon. I have worked with Amey closely in the past and know what a strong leadership team it has. I look forward to working with my new colleagues to develop the business in 2018.”
- Walthamstow development gets SUDs solution A major East London housing development has benefited from a shallow stormwater management system from Polypipe capable of... Read More >
- Geographical tools could allow quicker impact assessments Conducting Environmental Impact Assessments for major projects could become significantly quicker with the help of... Read More >
- Portsmouth Water plans bulk supplies with neighbouring companies Portsmouth Water has published its Water Resources Management Plan (WRMP) covering the next 25 years, which includes... Read More >
- Microbe management: MBBR upgrade at Bolton-upon-Dearne WwTW Galliford Try is installing a tertiary treatment system that is set to result in significant savings for Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Striking it out: How can the industry cut down utility strikes? Utility strikes are both costly and potentially fatal. With tens of thousands believed to occur in the UK every year, how... Read More >
- Interview: Black and Veatch's Mark Kaney Black and Veatch's new director of asset management for Europe, Mark Kaney, tells Robin Hackett how the company hopes to... Read More >
- Interview: Jacobs vice-president Bryan Harvey Robin Hackett speaks to Bryan Harvey, Jacobs' vice-president of utilities in Europe, about how integrating CH2M has... Read More >
- Anglian's VR programme: Finding real virtues in virtual reality Anglian Water's Steve Havvas tells Robin Hackett why the company's new VR training programme is attracting widespread... Read More >