Alpheus secures contract win
Alpheus Environmental has secured a contract with Glenmorangie Distillery in Tain to operate and maintain its wastewater treatment plant.
Alpheus Environmental, with its sister company Celtic Anglian Water (CAW), are the contracting arms of the Anglian Water Group operating in the UK and Ireland respectively.
The treatment will incorporate an anaerobic digestion process and green energy will be generated as a by-product of this which will be returned to the distillery.
Three full time Alpheus members will be employed onsite, supported by other engineering resources.
In a statement the company said: “Through adopting technologies and processes developed in the water sector such as advanced water and wastewater monitoring and treatment processes increases in production can be delivered in more sustainable manner. Through its Innovation Group, Alpheus will also be working with Glenmorangie on delivering this increased level of sustainability in treating their wastewater stream on site.”
Commenting on the win, Declan Maguire, managing director of Alpheus Environmental and Celtic Anglian Water said: “We are delighted to have been successfully awarded this contract, supporting Glenmorangie in the production of some legendary whiskies and assisting them in operating their plant in the most sustainable way.
“In addition to protecting the Dornoch Firth, the recovery of energy from the treatment process feeding back into the distillery makes it highly sustainable and beneficial for the environment.”
“We greatly welcome the opportunity to work with Glenmorangie to deliver further efficiencies for this business over the coming years.
“We are always seeking to bring the new innovative water and wastewater treatment technologies and processes developed in the Group to other industrial, commercial and municipal clients in the UK and Ireland.”
- Asset management expertise needed to drive change in water investment planning UK Water Industry Research is are seeking help from both academics and asset management experts to take on a critical... Read More >
- Anglian's flow reversal scheme activated for first time Anglian Water has successfully put its £28 million Grafham resilience scheme into operation for the first time, allowing... Read More >
- Anglian Water to carry out solar installation Anglian Water is set to carry out an installation of solar panels at one of its key operational sites in Huntingdonshire... Read More >
- Hired help: The ultimate guide to hiring chemical dosing systems The maintenance, modification and expansion of treatment facilities can present significant challenges to water companies... Read More >
- Phosphorous removal - is the AMP7 WFD too harsh? Phosphorous removal from wastewater has been a requirement for over 25 years, but is AMP7 set to drive limits down to a... Read More >
- Harnessing the power of algae to reduce phosphorous levels Russell Bright, CEO of Industrial Phycology, talks about new technology which represents a breakthrough in phosphorous... Read More >
- An organic approach to water treatment Robert Denny, Sales Manager at Veolia Water Technologies UK (VWT UK) describes the benefits of specifying alternative... Read More >
- Don’t let the new septic tank regulations become a drain on your resources Has the 2020 septic tank legislation created a deluge of paperwork for your business? Martin Port, founder of BigChange, has... Read More >