Alchin joins Imtech to develop links
Engineering and construction management contractor Imtech Water, Waste and Energy has appointed Jeff Alchin as senior operations manager. He will develop the link between the Imtech site teams and the wider business, with emphasis on improving cost-control as well as project and programme management.
In recent years, Alchin has been Galliford Try’s construction manager in Southern Water throughout AMP 3 and 4, and has also worked on the Environment Agency framework with a primary focus on the flood defence programme. He will report to Imtech Water, Waste and Energy’s operations director, Richard Hofton.
Alchin said: “I am excited about the opportunity to further develop the strong relationships between our site teams and the wider business. My role will be to act as an integral link, enabling issues and opportunities to be communicated and actioned effectively. It is vital that we all have a thorough understanding of the challenges we face to ensure the successful delivery of our projects and frameworks for our clients as we go forward.
“Good governance on all our projects is key to delivering successful jobs and securing repeat client work, and I am committed to working with the team to establish this ethos as we move forward.”
- Pipe manufacturer backs export growth Clay pipe manufacturer Naylor Industries, which has seen exports triple in three years, is investing in its workforce to... Read More >
- Planning decision expected on Southern's proposed Three Oaks WwTW East Sussex County Council's planning committee is expected to make a decision regarding Southern Water's application for... Read More >
- Update: Carillion ends the chase for Balfour Beatty Carillion has announced it is no longer 'pursuing' a merger with Balfour Beatty. Its announcement came as Balfour Beatty... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >