AI tool for wastewater sewer networks launches
An artificial intelligence (AI) analytics tool for wastewater sewer networks and water recycling centres has been launched by Detectronic.
DetecAnalytics has been developed by the monitoring specialist in partnership with the international engineering, technology and software company, Royal HaskoningDHV.
“By partnering with Royal HaskoningDHV and utilising their revolutionary Aquasuite software, we take our data analysis and reporting to a whole new level with DetecAnalytics,” said Detectronic sales director, Neil Butler.
“Aquasuite is an AI-powered analyst and autopilot for utilities and industries. Delivering full visibility across drinking water and wastewater networks and treatment, it empowers water and sewage companies (WaSC) to make fact-based decisions quickly to improve processes and performance.
“This includes lowering operating costs, reducing capital investment and enabling proactive maintenance, warning of leaks, bursts, overflows and pollution incidents,” added Butler.
“DetecAnalytics works by connecting our Detectronic data loggers and adding the data they record to Aquasuite FLOW which is powered by AI.
“The data is analysed, and over an initial seven-week period, we can produce predictions with a high level of accuracy and confidence. This level of accuracy and confidence continues to increase over time. This enables the WaSC to predict what will happen within a catchment or a water recycling centre at any point in time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“By being able to predict sewage overflows, pipe friction loss, pump efficiency and energy consumption, the WaSC can further enhance self-reporting in PR19, benefit from better asset management with predictive maintenance and, ultimately, be in a position to improve overall operational and financial performance,” added Butler.
- Black and Veatch, EMAGIN join forces on asset analytics and AI Black & Veatch has teamed up with EMAGIN to support UK water companies with advanced operational intelligence, allied... Read More >
- Government investing millions to develop robots to improve roadworks The Government has announced that new micro robots will be built to repair the UK's huge underground pipe network in an... Read More >
- Mott MacDonald, Microsoft team up on smart infrastructure Mott MacDonald and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership to deliver smart infrastructure. Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: AIR-VAC micro vacuum excavator The AIR-VAC micro vacuum excavator was built for excavating around congested buried live utilities in areas with limited... Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >
- Embracing the digital measurement revolution for wastewater Developments in digital sensing technology have opened up new possibilities for wastewater, Julian Edwards, analytical... Read More >
- Wessex Water's bustling Marketplace, three months on Neil Wilson, Wessex Water's director of risk and investment, says the company's new innovation platform is attracting... Read More >