Affinity Water awards maintenance framework
Affinity Water (AW) has awarded a three-year framework contract to contractor Concrete Repairs (CR). The award, which includes an option to extend for a further one or two years, is for the inspection, cleaning, repair and maintenance of reservoirs, water towers and contact tanks.
The contract began in October 2013 and covers Affinity’s three regions − central, South-east and East.
Michael Balletta, CR’s infrastructure manager, said: “Concrete Repairs and Affinity Water will work closely together to make sure that money spent on repairs and maintenance of Affinity’s assets is managed carefully for the benefit of their customers. CRL is no stranger to the water industry, having worked for all of the major water utility companies at some stage during its long history.”
- Sale of Severn Trent's water purification business completed Industrie De Nora's £60M-plus acquisition of Severn Trent's water purification business has been completed. The new... Read More >
- Safety project starts on Yorkshire Water's Stubden reservoir Yorkshire Water is investing £1.5M on an essential safety project at Stubden reservoir, located off Long Causeway in... Read More >
- Balfour Beatty training academy gets government funding Balfour Beatty has announced it is establishing a national UK training academy having received £4.4M of funding through... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >