Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer.
She will also be appointed as a Director of the company.
Walsh is expected to take up the role by the end of April 2018, when Simon Cocks will step down as CEO of Affinity Water and as a Director of the company. Cocks will remain a non-executive director of Affinity Water.
Walsh joins the business from National Grid where she is Director, Gas Transmission, responsible for building and maintaining the assets of UK’s high pressure national gas transmission system.
Prior to joining National Grid in 2015, Walsh held senior leadership roles at Havells Sylvania, Fred. Olsen, Philips Electronics and the Ford Motor Company.
Affinity Water’s Chairman, Tony Cocker, said: “I am pleased to announce that Pauline is joining Affinity Water as CEO.
"The board is very much looking forward to working with her. She has extensive cross-sector experience and a strong track record in leadership roles which will help us make the most of the opportunities ahead.
“I would also like to thank Simon for his leadership of and significant contribution to Affinity Water during his time as CEO.”
Walsh said: “I am delighted to be joining the team at Affinity Water. It’s an exciting time for the water industry and Affinity Water is well placed to respond to the challenges and opportunities ahead.
"I am really looking forward to leading the team and working with the board and investors to continue to provide high-quality water services for 3.6 million people and businesses in the South East of England.”
- Construction Leadership Council names Tideway's Mitchell as co-chair Tideway chief executive Andy Mitchell has been appointed to replace Andrew Wolstenholme as co-chair of the Construction... Read More >
- Natural Resources Wales names new interim chair Natural Resources Wales (NRW) has named former Liverpool City Council chief executive Sir David Henshaw as its interim... Read More >
- British Water names Thompson as new chief executive Lila Thompson has been appointed as the new chief executive of British Water. Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >