Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer.
She will also be appointed as a Director of the company.
Walsh is expected to take up the role by the end of April 2018, when Simon Cocks will step down as CEO of Affinity Water and as a Director of the company. Cocks will remain a non-executive director of Affinity Water.
Walsh joins the business from National Grid where she is Director, Gas Transmission, responsible for building and maintaining the assets of UK’s high pressure national gas transmission system.
Prior to joining National Grid in 2015, Walsh held senior leadership roles at Havells Sylvania, Fred. Olsen, Philips Electronics and the Ford Motor Company.
Affinity Water’s Chairman, Tony Cocker, said: “I am pleased to announce that Pauline is joining Affinity Water as CEO.
"The board is very much looking forward to working with her. She has extensive cross-sector experience and a strong track record in leadership roles which will help us make the most of the opportunities ahead.
“I would also like to thank Simon for his leadership of and significant contribution to Affinity Water during his time as CEO.”
Walsh said: “I am delighted to be joining the team at Affinity Water. It’s an exciting time for the water industry and Affinity Water is well placed to respond to the challenges and opportunities ahead.
"I am really looking forward to leading the team and working with the board and investors to continue to provide high-quality water services for 3.6 million people and businesses in the South East of England.”
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >