Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer.
She will also be appointed as a Director of the company.
Walsh is expected to take up the role by the end of April 2018, when Simon Cocks will step down as CEO of Affinity Water and as a Director of the company. Cocks will remain a non-executive director of Affinity Water.
Walsh joins the business from National Grid where she is Director, Gas Transmission, responsible for building and maintaining the assets of UK’s high pressure national gas transmission system.
Prior to joining National Grid in 2015, Walsh held senior leadership roles at Havells Sylvania, Fred. Olsen, Philips Electronics and the Ford Motor Company.
Affinity Water’s Chairman, Tony Cocker, said: “I am pleased to announce that Pauline is joining Affinity Water as CEO.
"The board is very much looking forward to working with her. She has extensive cross-sector experience and a strong track record in leadership roles which will help us make the most of the opportunities ahead.
“I would also like to thank Simon for his leadership of and significant contribution to Affinity Water during his time as CEO.”
Walsh said: “I am delighted to be joining the team at Affinity Water. It’s an exciting time for the water industry and Affinity Water is well placed to respond to the challenges and opportunities ahead.
"I am really looking forward to leading the team and working with the board and investors to continue to provide high-quality water services for 3.6 million people and businesses in the South East of England.”
- Ofwat makes two senior appointments Ofwat has announced the appointment of two new senior directors. Read More >
- Portsmouth Water appoints Taylor as CEO Portsmouth Water has announced the appointment of Bob Taylor as CEO, with effect from 1 January. Read More >
- Morrison Utility Services appoints Jim Arnold as Chief Operating Officer Morrison Utility Services has announced the appointment of Jim Arnold to the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO). Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- Changing the way water utilities think George Hesmondhalgh, managing consultant at Capgemini, says companies need to stop viewing legislation as an obligation... Read More >
- The price of water As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Robin Hackett looks at whether low water bills can be maintained long term Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >