Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer.
She will also be appointed as a Director of the company.
Walsh is expected to take up the role by the end of April 2018, when Simon Cocks will step down as CEO of Affinity Water and as a Director of the company. Cocks will remain a non-executive director of Affinity Water.
Walsh joins the business from National Grid where she is Director, Gas Transmission, responsible for building and maintaining the assets of UK’s high pressure national gas transmission system.
Prior to joining National Grid in 2015, Walsh held senior leadership roles at Havells Sylvania, Fred. Olsen, Philips Electronics and the Ford Motor Company.
Affinity Water’s Chairman, Tony Cocker, said: “I am pleased to announce that Pauline is joining Affinity Water as CEO.
"The board is very much looking forward to working with her. She has extensive cross-sector experience and a strong track record in leadership roles which will help us make the most of the opportunities ahead.
“I would also like to thank Simon for his leadership of and significant contribution to Affinity Water during his time as CEO.”
Walsh said: “I am delighted to be joining the team at Affinity Water. It’s an exciting time for the water industry and Affinity Water is well placed to respond to the challenges and opportunities ahead.
"I am really looking forward to leading the team and working with the board and investors to continue to provide high-quality water services for 3.6 million people and businesses in the South East of England.”
- Thames continues board overhaul with two new directors Thames Water has appointed David Waboso CBE and John Morea as non-executive directors. Read More >
- Morrison Utility Services appoints Jim Arnold as Chief Operating Officer Morrison Utility Services has announced the appointment of Jim Arnold to the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO). Read More >
- Atkins appoints new head of UK water Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, has appointed Daressa Frodsham as its head of UK water, responsible for... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- C-MeX: Keeping the customer satisfied Ofwat's new customer measure of experience (C-MeX) is now being road-tested and water companies will start to be judged... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >
- Ofwat's assessments keep water companies in check The regulator's initial assessment of water companies' business plans reveals that a tight financial settlement is on the... Read More >
- Opinion: How will the UK protect the environment after Brexit? The Draft Environment (Principles & Governance) Bill leaves several unanswered questions about the enforcement of the... Read More >