Affinity Water appoints new chairman
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Phil Nolan as chairman. Previously the chairman of infrastructure developer John Laing, Nolan will oversee the development of Affinity Water's business plan for the period 2015 to 2020.
Nolan has previously held the post of chief executive at Ireland’s national telecommunications supplier Eircom and prior to that, served as an executive director of BG Group and chief executive of Transco.
Affinity Water provides 900 million litres of water each day to a population of more than 3.5 million in southern England.
Nolan said: “I am delighted to be joining Affinity Water as Chairman at such an exciting time and am looking forward to working with the board and executive team in creating a successful outcome for the business and customers as the industry evolves.”
- Scottish Water begins flood risk reduction project Scottish Water has started work on a £1.8M project to reduce flood risk in Aberlour and remove properties from the... Read More >
- Water retail opportunities must be ‘balanced with risks' Water retailers need to balance the opportunities that new competition brings with the risks it poses, and take lessons... Read More >
- BAE Systems saves with new wastewater treatment system George Koch Sons Europe has installed a major wastewater treatment system for aircraft component manufacturer BAE Systems'... Read More >
- Making wasting water the newest taboo Although water utilities have made great strides in reducing leakage, wasting water needs to become the next big social... Read More >
- Capital's infrastructure needs integrated water approach The concerns of Londoners about the capital city's resilience highlight the need for integrated planning across water,... Read More >
- Comment: Can innovation help the taps continue to run in the future? There is little doubt that innovative thinking is required if the industry to meet the resource challenges of the future,... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Rainwater harvesting This month's Innovation Zone focuses on rainwater harvesting, which can make buildings more water efficient and ensure the... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Driving down demand With drought and water resources becoming a subject of growing importance, we look at some customer-side options that can... Read More >