Affinity Water appoints new chairman
Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Phil Nolan as chairman. Previously the chairman of infrastructure developer John Laing, Nolan will oversee the development of Affinity Water's business plan for the period 2015 to 2020.
Nolan has previously held the post of chief executive at Ireland’s national telecommunications supplier Eircom and prior to that, served as an executive director of BG Group and chief executive of Transco.
Affinity Water provides 900 million litres of water each day to a population of more than 3.5 million in southern England.
Nolan said: “I am delighted to be joining Affinity Water as Chairman at such an exciting time and am looking forward to working with the board and executive team in creating a successful outcome for the business and customers as the industry evolves.”
- Secret underground reservoir in London revealed in all its glory One of Thames Water's reservoirs - hidden under ancient woodland in London – was revealed in all its Victorian glory... Read More >
- Smith to retire from water watchdog Tony Smith, chief executive of the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater), has announced that he is retiring from the... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water awards £650m infrastructure frameworks Yorkshire Water has awarded clean and waste infrastructure and customer focused infrastructure frameworks with a combined... Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Age of data driven leak management dawns Water scarcity and regulatory pressure are leading to more remote monitoring of leakage, says Alan Cunningham, technical... Read More >
- Come together to beat climate change Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram's motivational message to the water sector on the opportunities and... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Ensuring future water supplies The water sector is entering a period of greater focus on managing water resources as it seeks to ensure future supplies.... Read More >