Affinity Water appoints ex-E.ON chairman Cocker as independent Chairman
Affinity Water has appointed Tony Cocker, the former Chief Executive and Chairman of E.ON UK plc, as independent Chairman.
Cocker joins the Affinity Water Board on 15 January and will take over as Chairman on 30 January.
Having worked for E.ON for over 20 years, Mr Cocker has a strong understanding of the utility sector and is currently chair of the renewable energy generator company, Infinis Energy Management Limited. He is also Governor and Deputy Chairman of Warwick Independent Schools Foundation.
Cocker succeeds Dr Philip Nolan, who has served as Chairman since April 2013 and, during this time, has led the Board’s oversight of the development and implementation of Affinity Water’s PR14 Business Plan.
Cocker said: “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Phil Nolan for his leadership and service to Affinity Water over his time as Chairman. I am very much looking forward to working with the Affinity Water Board, its investors and the management team to build on the achievements of the last few years and to continue to deliver resilient and affordable water supplies to 3.6 million people across the South East of England.”
- Ofwat grants first water supply and sewerage licences Ofwat has granted water supply and sewerage licences to nine of the water companies which have so far applied. Read More >
- Hydro International acquires Hydro-Logic Water solutions company Hydro International has entered into conditional agreements to acquire instrumentation and... Read More >
- Thousands of businesses switch in first week of retail market A total of 8,876 premises switched water retailer in the first week of the competitive market, in addition to... Read More >
- The price of water As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Robin Hackett looks at whether low water bills can be maintained long term Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >