Adler and Allan acquires OHES Environmental
The Adler & Allan Group has further expanded its range of services through the acquisition of specialist environmental consultancy OHES Environmental.
OHES’ consultancy-led approach covers a broad range of specialist and technical areas, including environmental pollution claims, managing the incident from response to remediation; geotechnical and contaminated land assessment to reduce risk and deliver value in land acquisition, M&A, development and industrial operations; 24/7 spill response, managing incidents; water quality monitoring programmes and investigations; ecology and fisheries surveys, studies & management; and the provision of specialist client training to minimise the risk of environmental pollution.
OHES will continue to be led by its current management team as an autonomous business within the Adler & Allan Group and operate from its existing locations across the UK.
Henry Simpson, Commercial Director of A&A Group, said: “OHES is a highly respected environmental consultancy that has built a fantastic breadth of client-focused services over the past 15 years to help businesses tackle, overcome and resolve environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors. Many of its consultants and specialist teams are already well known to us and we’re delighted to welcome them into the A&A Group, where together we can offer clients a greater range and depth of resources than ever before.”
Dan Jones, Operations Director at OHES, said: “Having known and worked with the team at A&A Group for many years, as both supplier and customer, we’re excited by the great fit our businesses represent. As a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, with a broad client base across many industry sectors, OHES has a plan for strategic growth that will be well supported by being part of a wider environmental services group. A&A is a natural home for our business and we look forward to building on our success as part of the Group.”
Adam Shefras, Managing Director of Hazardous Goods & Environmental Industries at OHES’s former owner Pen Underwriting, said:“We’re delighted to have secured a new home for OHES, as part of a specialist environmental services group, and look forward to working with the team which will continue to provide a fully embedded spill response and environmental claims management service as part of Pen Underwriting’s bespoke high hazard insurance scheme, on an exclusive basis.”
- RAG-Stiftung buys majority stake in Pell Frischmann Engineering consultancy Pell Frischmann has been taken taken over by RAG-Stiftung (Foundation) Investment Company.... Read More >
- CH2M Hill to axe 1,200 jobs worldwide in restructure US engineering consultant CH2M Hill has announced a major global restructuring with the loss of 1,200 jobs worldwide. The... Read More >
- WYG on the acquisition trail Consultant engineer WYG is looking to grow through "selective, small acquisitions" as well as organically. News... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >