2019 Water Industry Awards: Enter now!
Time is running out to enter the Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, with the final deadline for entries being 1 February.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
The deadline for entries is Friday 1 February and anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
The 2019 awards are sponsored by nmcn and Weholite. CPM Group is associate sponsor.
Full entry details and in-depth information on all the categories are available at: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Seven NEETs trainees fast-tracked into full-time jobs Seven trainees who are not in education, training or employment (NEETs) have completed their training and are being... Read More >
- Thames targets 50% leak reduction by 2050 in new WRMP Thames Water has announced that it will re-consult on changes made to its draft water resources management plan, as it... Read More >
- Jim Arnold becomes chief executive at Morrison Utility Services Jim Arnold has been appointed chief executive of Morrison Utility Services (MUS) and Charles Morrison as chairman... Read More >
- In the frame for delivery: UKWIR CEO on Ofwat's innovation competition With Ofwat confirming plans for a £200 million innovation competition which will run between 2020 and 2025, UKWIR chief... Read More >
- A digital revolution in water The UK Water Partnership (UKWP) has launched a 10-point action plan to help ensure that UK plc wins its share of an... Read More >
- Industry 4.0 - how to build a digital twin Chris Steele, head of information management and analytics at Black & Veatch Europe, runs through the steps required to... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >