2019 Water Industry Awards: Enter now!
Time is running out to enter the Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, with the final deadline for entries being 1 February.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
The deadline for entries is Friday 1 February and anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
The 2019 awards are sponsored by nmcn and Weholite. CPM Group is associate sponsor.
Full entry details and in-depth information on all the categories are available at: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Northumbrian Water extends AI-based roadside asset mapping pilot Northumbrian Water is to partner with Anglian Water to use new technology to map roadside assets in Essex. Read More >
- British Water commits to improving gender equality British Water has committed to increasing the number of women on its non-executive board and has urged the rest of the... Read More >
- Last chance to enter Water Industry Awards You have until midnight tonight to complete your entries for the Water Industry Awards 2020! Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >