2019 Water Industry Awards: Enter now!
Time is running out to enter the Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, with the final deadline for entries being 1 February.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
The deadline for entries is Friday 1 February and anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
The 2019 awards are sponsored by nmcn and Weholite. CPM Group is associate sponsor.
Full entry details and in-depth information on all the categories are available at: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Anglian Water to hold ‘shop window' event for innovators Anglian Water is challenging innovators to create the water company of the future by showcasing their pioneering... Read More >
- Severn Trent to invest £190M to become more energy self-suficient Severn Trent Water plans to self-generate half of its gross energy consumption through renewable sources by 2020. This... Read More >
- South East Water plans £6.5M pipeline South East Water (SEW) has revealed plans for a new £6.5M water pipeline to help secure water supplies for existing and... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >
- Delivering innovation through collaboration Dwr Cymru Welsh Water innovation scientist Euan Hampton says the company is seeing the benefits of opening itself up to... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >