2019 Water Industry Awards deadline extended
The deadline for the 2019 Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, has been extended in light of the unpredictable weather wreaking havoc across the UK.
Entries can now be submitted up to Wednesday 6 February at 12.30pm by clicking here.
The awards – judged by an independent panel of industry experts – celebrate excellence in the sector, with the winners announced at a glittering black-tie dinner at Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2019.
There are five new categories this time around, recognising consultants, water retailers, offsite manufacture, and water and wastewater innovation projects.
Anyone can enter, whether they be water utilities, water industry contractors, engineering firms, manufacturers, construction companies, water retailers, consultancies, product and service suppliers, water and sewerage companies, water wholesalers or organisations at other stages of the water industry supply chain.
The judges on this year’s panel are: Prof. John Bridgeman (University of Bradford), Nick Ellins (Energy & Utility Skills), Paul Hickey (Environment Agency), Chris Hoggart (Natural England), Martyn Hopkinson (Future Water Association), Steve Kaye (UKWIR), Karen Light (WRc), Lloyd Martin (British Water), Nicci Russell (Waterwise), Tony Smith (Consumer Council for Water), Dr. Ana Soares (Cranfield University) and Ceris Van de Vyver (Isle Utilities).
The 2019 awards are sponsored by nmcn and Weholite. CPM Group is associate sponsor.
Full entry details and in-depth information on all the categories are available at: https://waterindustryawards.co.uk
Full list of awards categories:
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
Customer Service Initiative of the Year
Data Project of the Year
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite)
Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
People Initiative of the Year
Resilience Initiative of the Year
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative of the Year
Water Industry Consultant of the Year
Water Industry Contractor of the Year
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year
Water Retailer of the Year
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn)
- Water Industry Awards 2019 shortlist announced The shortlist has been unveiled for the Water Industry Awards, the dedicated awards scheme for the water industry... Read More >
- Book now to attend Water Industry Awards Places are now available to attend the showpiece event celebrating the water industry, with reduced rates available online... Read More >
- Finalists announced for Institute of Water Innovation Award Seven finalists have been announced for the Institute of Water National Innovation Award, which recognises innovative... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: DfMA Project of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: People Initiative of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Mesocosm research: Testing the waters An innovative facility consisting of 32 tanks is helping researchers in Lancaster understand how large bodies of water... Read More >