WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards.
The Water Industry Awards are back for the 14th year running - celebrating and rewarding outstanding achievement and innovation in the UK water industry.
With UK water companies preparing to embark on ambitious five-year plans to deliver cost-effective, resilient and innovative water and wastewater services, there really is no better time to be bringing the sector together to celebrate the amazing people, teams, projects and innovations that have helped shape the water sector.
Organised by the people behind the leading business media brand in UK water, Water & Wastewater Treatment, and linked event Utility Week Live, the awards have become a must attend event in the water sector’s calendar and are highly prized within the industry.
This year sees the return of several popular categories plus the addition of some new ones including Women in Water, Water Resources Initiative of the Year, Net Zero Carbon Initiative of the Year and Skills & Workforce Initiative of the Year.
With the water sector in England setting itself a voluntary target to achieve net-zero carbon emissions and to triple its leakage reduction rate by 2030, water companies will be key in the facilitation of decarbonisation. The challenge of decarbonisation means that collaboration is not only inevitable but vital – something that is reflected in this year’s awards.
All companies can enter − large or small − as the awards recognise outstanding innovation and best practice across the industry, no matter the size of the company or the scale of the project.
People are at the centre and critical to the success of how companies in the sector are run, and this fact is reflected by the inclusion of categories such as Rising Star of the Year and Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year.
All entries will be judged by an independent panel of industry experts. The prizes themselves will be handed out at the glittering awards ceremony and gala dinner on May 20th, 2020 at the Hilton Metropole Hotel, Birmingham.
The deadline for entries is 17 January 2020.
For further information or to enter visit www.waterindustryawards.co.uk
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: People Initiative of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives which have made... Read More >
- Senior asset leaders to come together ahead of PR19 The sixth annual WWT Water Industry Asset Management conference takes place on 10th May 2018 and will attract asset... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- The price of water As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Robin Hackett looks at whether low water bills can be maintained long term Read More >