Drinking Water Quality conference to highlight regulatory standards
Water company directors, chief scientists and water quality experts are set to gather on November 8th to discuss the challenges facing drinking water quality from source to tap.
Increasing regulatory standards both domestically and from the EU, pressures on resources, climate change and rising consumer expectations are among the many challenges facing the sector.
The third annual WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference on 8 November in Birmingham will assess best-in-class innovation in treatment, evaluate the effectiveness of catchment management approaches and explore new ways to build consumer trust. It will also showcase new approaches to incident management, review the revisions to the Drinking Water Directive, and assess the changes in abstraction laws.
The event is held in partnership with Northumbrian Water Group (NWG). NWG’s chief executive Heidi Mottram will give the opening address, followed by a keynote presentation from Drinking Water Inspectorate Chief Inspector Marcus Rink.
Other notable speakers during the day will include Dr Martin Padley (Director of Water and Scientific Services, United Utilities), Dr Robin Price (Head of Water Quality, Anglian Water), Dr Phillippa Pearson (Head of Water Services Science, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water) and Dr Dinah Hillier (Catchment Control Manager, Thames Water).
The event is sponsored by Analytical Technology (ATi) and Atkins (part of the SNC-Lavalin Group).
For more information or to book your place at the conference, please visit: https://event.wwtonline.co.uk/drinking/
- Front Line: Morag Angus, Mires Project Manager, South West Water This month WWT meets Morag Angus, who leads a catchment management project for South West Water aimed at restoring... Read More >
- Hydropower to the people! Hydropower generation has been on Northumbrian's wishlist for Mosswood WTW but it had not been a viable option, until now,... Read More >
- Detective work solves chlorine mystery The installation of new water quality monitoring sondes at a desalination plant threw up some puzzling results, as Tony... Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- Shifting the dial on drinking water challenges Ahead of WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference, Anglian Water's director of water services, Paul Valleley, provides the... Read More >
- Over-pressurisation: A serious risk for lime storage silos Hycontrol managing director Nigel Allen warns that many lime storage silos are disasters waiting to happen, and steps need... Read More >
- Why valve checks are an essential part of summer maintenance Fraser Higgins, Durapipe UK industrial product manager, explains why valves should not be overlooked as part of the summer... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >