COMMENT: Joint venture 4Delivery is going commercial.
Joint venture 4Delivery is going commercial. Yes, the organisation is touting for more customers having exclusively worked for Southern Water.
And it’s great to see this established joint venture looking to grow and compete in a competitive market as the country emerges from recession. 4Delivery, the consortium made up of MWH, Costain and Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, wants to take advantage of the next regulatory cycle – AMP6 – that comes into effect from April 2015 and the fact that the water companies are already thinking about their procurement needs.
The water companies appear to like consortiums and joint ventures and this could become even more apparent as AMP6 is expected to see the utilities minimise costs and wasteful processes (see Alliances supplement).
Moving on the Water Industry Achievement Awards, the clock is ticking to get those entries in – the closing date is December 19.
There are plenty of categories to choose from so visit www.waterindustryachievementawards.info and check them out. You can enter as many categories as you like.
- COMMENT: Wow what a month it's been! Wow what a month it's been! First came the surprise takeover of Enterprise plc by Amey's Spanish parent Ferrovial (WET... Read More >
- Getting to Grips with... harmonic distortion Harmonic distortion can be difficult to diagnose, but once found, it is relatively easy to remedy Read More >
- The big picture As the water industry gets behind a whole catchment approach to water resource management,Roger Middleton, technical... Read More >
- Ofwat's assessments keep water companies in check The regulator's initial assessment of water companies' business plans reveals that a tight financial settlement is on the... Read More >
- Ofwat's PR19 assessments: How the industry reacted After Ofwat published its initial assessments of water companies' business plans for 2020-25, we look at the responses... Read More >
- Offsite build powers South East Water's £22M treatment works expansion South East Water's expansion of Bray Keleher Water Treatment Works is in full swing, with offsite manufacture aiding... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >