COMMENT: Joint venture 4Delivery is going commercial.
Joint venture 4Delivery is going commercial. Yes, the organisation is touting for more customers having exclusively worked for Southern Water.
And it’s great to see this established joint venture looking to grow and compete in a competitive market as the country emerges from recession. 4Delivery, the consortium made up of MWH, Costain and Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, wants to take advantage of the next regulatory cycle – AMP6 – that comes into effect from April 2015 and the fact that the water companies are already thinking about their procurement needs.
The water companies appear to like consortiums and joint ventures and this could become even more apparent as AMP6 is expected to see the utilities minimise costs and wasteful processes (see Alliances supplement).
Moving on the Water Industry Achievement Awards, the clock is ticking to get those entries in – the closing date is December 19.
There are plenty of categories to choose from so visit www.waterindustryachievementawards.info and check them out. You can enter as many categories as you like.
- Striking out underground cable strikes Thousands of accidental cable strikes are recorded every year, and are among the biggest health and safety risks for... Read More >
- Time to revisit the tender process Tendering for contracts and frameworks is an expensive and time-consuming process. Dean Stiles reports on whether there... Read More >
- Water is key to tackling poverty The UK water industry's role in the creation of WaterAid is one of its crowning achievements. It was humbling to be... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Top Tips for... System Totex With Ofwat's AMP6 reforms putting Totex at the centre of the investment planning process, applying this approach at inlet... Read More >
- Interview: Lawrence Gosden, MD, Wastewater, Thames Water This month we talk to Lawrence Gosden, MD for wastewater at Thames Water, about building flood resilience in London and... Read More >