WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference
The 2018 WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference brings you the chance to work towards an innovative future for the sector, with a series of mini design sprints focused on five key areas, including: leakage, customer experience, sludge & energy, water resources & drought resilience, and partnership working.
Innovation is key for the UK water industry to survive and thrive in the face of growing regulatory pressures and customer expectations. These challenges are well known: improving asset health and longevity; ensuring water and environmental quality are at the highest possible standards; keeping the water flowing to customers; managing totex; improving customer engagement; and many more.
Key to a successful, sustainable, and low-cost water and wastewater service relies on breaking down resistance to technological innovation and new ways of working. Regulation and company culture must adapt to encourage risk-taking, allow for failure, and drive long-term benefits for the customer.
Building on the success of the last five years, the 2018 WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference brings you the chance to work towards an innovative future for the sector, with a series of mini design sprints focused on five key areas, including: leakage, customer experience, sludge & energy, water resources & drought resilience, and partnership working.
What’s more, a raft of industry experts will share their experience and knowledge, address the role of collaboration, and provide you with the tools to facilitate innovation within your organisation.
Attend this CPD-certified conference to:
- Find out what PR19 means for your investment in innovation
- Assess which technology game-changers could transform your business
- Discover cutting-edge solutions being adopted by your peers
- Uncover the value of innovation partnerships driving change
- Learn how to create a culture of innovation within your organisation
Experts speakers at the 2018 event include:
- Piers Clark, Chairman, Isle Utilities
- Gerard Harkin, R&D manager, Southern Water
- Sarah McMath, Managing director, strategic planning & investment, Thames Water
- Jon Brigg, Manager of innovation, Yorkshire Water
- Rebecca Dibb-Simkin, Marketing and product director, Octopus Energy
- Dan Green, Head of sustainability and innovation, Wessex Water
- Iliana Portugues, Head of innovation, Electricity Transmission Owner, National Grid
You can see the full agenda, download the brochure, view the complete list of speakers and register at: event.wwtonline.co.uk/innovation/Visit event website >>
- £20 million IT upgrade future-proofs London water supply The complex computer systems which control London's drinking water supplies have been upgraded while keeping the taps... Read More >
- Balfour Beatty names new chair Balfour Beatty has announced that Charles Allen, Lord Allen of Kensington, CBE, will be appointed as the next chair and a... Read More >
- Look beyond short term projections to guide post-Covid infrastructure decisions, says NIC Analysing a range of scenarios for how the use of public transport, broadband networks and utilities might change as a... Read More >
- Utility Week Live Summit 18/05/2021 Utility Week Live Summit is an exclusive, invitation-only, virtual thinktank focusing on the major challenges facing utilities. You will hear from business leaders in these areas, and be invited to share your own insights, with content outputs forming the basis of Utility Week Innovate, a new, dedicated programme of content from Utility Week and Utility Week Live, exploring how utilities and their partners are developing new ways to solve critical business challenges.
- WWT Water Security in a Changing Environment 2021 29/06/2021 Ensuring a secure supply of water for future generations. THE event for water resources leaders dedicated to tackling the environmental crisis.