WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference 2019
It is the UK s only dedicated event for drinking water professionals seeking advice, inspiration and unrivalled networking opportunities, and a must-attend event for all those working in water quality.
The 2019 WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference will assess funding priorities for AMP7, look at what s next for pesticide management following the metaldehyde ban, and explore opportunities to raise customer awareness in tackling lead. It will demonstrate best practice catchment management, new treatment processes and technologies, and assess the impact of climate change on the drinking water industry.
Nowhere else can you:
Hear how the industry is preparing for the new drinking water directive
Find out what water company funding priorities are for water quality in AMP7
Collaborate during workshops on climate change, tackling lead and catchment management
Find out what s next for pesticide management following the metaldehyde ban
Assess the latest microplastics methodologies at a dedicated pre-conference workshop on 26 November
Hear the latest trends and developments in water treatment processes and technologies
Expert speakers for 2019 include:
- Bob Taylor, CEO, Portsmouth Water
- Paul Valleley, Director of water services, Anglian Water
- Charmian Abbott, Chief scientist, United Utilities
- Marcus Rink, Chief inspector, Drinking Water Inspectorate
- Catriona Davis, Chief inspector of drinking water, Drinking Water Inspectorate (Northern Ireland)
- Sue Petch, Drinking water quality regulator for Scotland, Scottish Government
- Robin Price, Interim managing director, Water Resources East
- David Reynolds, Head of scientific services, Thames Water
- Dr Phillippa Pearson, Head of water services science, Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
To discover the full agenda, speaker line-up and book your place visit: https://event.wwtonline.co.uk/drinking/Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Anglian's flow reversal scheme activated for first time Anglian Water has successfully put its £28 million Grafham resilience scheme into operation for the first time, allowing... Read More >
- Wessex Water helping Bath Half go plastic free Wessex Water will supply fresh tap water to Bath Half Marathon runners - part of a mission to make the race totally free... Read More >
- Alpheus secures contract win Alpheus Environmental has secured a contract with Glenmorangie Distillery in Tain to operate and maintain its wastewater... Read More >
- Utility Week Investor Summit 05/03/2020 Against the backdrop of Brexit, market uncertainty and its impact on investor confidence, Utility Weekâ€™s 2020 Investor Summit will bring together government, regulators, investors, analysts and ratings agencies, utility CEOs and CFOs to explore new strategies to address evolving threats posed by increased competition, M&A activity, regulatory pressure, and market volatility. It will equip participants with the insight to refine existing strategies and align customer, environmental and financial priorities
- WWT Smart Water 2020 Conference 11/03/2020 Optimising existing assets, tackling leakage, enhancing wastewater networks, maximising the value of data and engaging customers are consistent challenges and all rely on smart technology to reduce costs and mitigate risk.
- Water in Mining 2020 22/04/2020 Water management is increasingly becoming a strategic business imperative within boardrooms across the mining industry, and as a consequence, international mining companies are searching for innovative ways to treat, manage and reuse water, as well as to mitigate risk, drive efficiency and combat climate change impacts.
- WWT Water Security in a Changing Environment 06/05/2020 The 2020 WWT Water Security in a Changing Environment Conference will take on these issues, uniting the water industry and environmental stakeholders to address the climate crisis, improve water quality, drive investment in green infrastructure, enhance our chalk streams and manage abstraction and trade. Learn from the sector s leaders and help protect water resources in a changing environment at this one-day event designed to tackle some of the world s biggest challenges.