Water in Mining 2020
Water management is increasingly becoming a strategic business imperative within boardrooms across the mining industry, and as a consequence, international mining companies are searching for innovative ways to treat, manage and reuse water, as well as to mitigate risk, drive efficiency and combat climate change impacts.
Building on the success of the inaugural event, Water in Mining 2020 will give you the opportunity to connect with your industry including the top 50 global mining companies, and to debate and discuss the challenges and solutions impacting the present and future of water in mining.
Only here can you:
- Find innovative ways to minimize water use, increase efficiency and mitigate risk
- Learn which treatment solutions will cut cost and drive sustainability
- Identify the right strategies to make water stewardship a competitive advantage
- Find out how the industry is uniting to tackle environmental challenges
Speakers for 2020 include:
- Briana Gunn, Director, Environmental Affairs Sustainability, Newmont Goldcorp
- Blair Douglas, Head of Water, BHP
- Sandy Fabritz-Whitney, Director of Water Strategy, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Konstantin Volchek, Section Head, Water Treatment, Environment Canada
- Jerry Zozo, Superintendent, Kibali Gold Mine
- Alexis Morgan, Global Water Stewardship Lead, WWF
- Sylvie St Jean, Environment Manager, New Gold
- Scott Diggles, Principal Advisor " Water and Environment, Rio Tinto
- Jose N. De Pierola C, Manager of Water Resources, Southern Peru Copper Corp
- Seth Mueller, Senior Development Engineer " Environment, Boliden Mines
- Lora Field, Team Leader, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
To discover the full agenda, speaker line-up and to book your place visit: https://waterinmining.net/Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Editorial comment: Customers key during coronavirus outbreak WWT content director Alec Peachey looks at the work being done by water companies during the coronavirus outbreak and how... Read More >
- Thames engineers keeping services running during coronavirus outbreak Engineers from Thames Water are continuing to maintain essential water and wastewater services during the coronavirus... Read More >
- CMA appeals delayed due to coronavirus uncertainty An extension of six months has been granted to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to allow the government... Read More >
- Water in Mining 2020 22/04/2020 Water management is increasingly becoming a strategic business imperative within boardrooms across the mining industry, and as a consequence, international mining companies are searching for innovative ways to treat, manage and reuse water, as well as to mitigate risk, drive efficiency and combat climate change impacts.
- WWT Ireland Water 2020 29/04/2020 The Irish Water Sector has made great progress over the years, however there are still some pressing challenges to overcome, from the impact of economic restraints to unprecedented demand for growth in the water networks, compounded with Brexit and approaching price control periods.
- Water Industry Awards 2020 20/05/2020 The Water Industry Awards are back again to celebrate and reward outstanding achievement and innovation in the UK water industry. The event is organised by the experts behind leading business media brand Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT).