Water in Mining 2020
Water management is increasingly becoming a strategic business imperative within boardrooms across the mining industry, and as a consequence, international mining companies are searching for innovative ways to treat, manage and reuse water, as well as to mitigate risk, drive efficiency and combat climate change impacts.
Building on the success of the inaugural event, Water in Mining 2020 will give you the opportunity to connect with your industry including the top 50 global mining companies, and to debate and discuss the challenges and solutions impacting the present and future of water in mining.
Only here can you:
- Find innovative ways to minimize water use, increase efficiency and mitigate risk
- Learn which treatment solutions will cut cost and drive sustainability
- Identify the right strategies to make water stewardship a competitive advantage
- Find out how the industry is uniting to tackle environmental challenges
Speakers for 2020 include:
- Briana Gunn, Director, Environmental Affairs Sustainability, Newmont Goldcorp
- Blair Douglas, Head of Water, BHP
- Sandy Fabritz-Whitney, Director of Water Strategy, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Konstantin Volchek, Section Head, Water Treatment, Environment Canada
- Jerry Zozo, Superintendent, Kibali Gold Mine
- Alexis Morgan, Global Water Stewardship Lead, WWF
- Sylvie St Jean, Environment Manager, New Gold
- Scott Diggles, Principal Advisor " Water and Environment, Rio Tinto
- Jose N. De Pierola C, Manager of Water Resources, Southern Peru Copper Corp
- Seth Mueller, Senior Development Engineer " Environment, Boliden Mines
- Lora Field, Team Leader, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
To discover the full agenda, speaker line-up and to book your place visit: https://waterinmining.net/Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Water Industry Awards entry deadline extended The deadline to get your entry in for the Water Industry Awards has been extended until next Friday (24 January). Read More >
- More than 100,000 children learn about the water industry More than 100,000 schoolchildren have been given an insight into how Thames Water deals with water and waste for millions... Read More >
- South West Water completes flooding protection scheme South West Water has completed a £1.4 million scheme to protect homes and roads from flooding in Plymstock. Read More >
- Utility Week Investor Summit 05/03/2020 Against the backdrop of Brexit, market uncertainty and its impact on investor confidence, Utility Weekâ€™s 2020 Investor Summit will bring together government, regulators, investors, analysts and ratings agencies, utility CEOs and CFOs to explore new strategies to address evolving threats posed by increased competition, M&A activity, regulatory pressure, and market volatility. It will equip participants with the insight to refine existing strategies and align customer, environmental and financial priorities
- WWT Smart Water 2020 Conference 11/03/2020 Optimising existing assets, tackling leakage, enhancing wastewater networks, maximising the value of data and engaging customers are consistent challenges and all rely on smart technology to reduce costs and mitigate risk.
- Water in Mining 2020 22/04/2020 Water management is increasingly becoming a strategic business imperative within boardrooms across the mining industry, and as a consequence, international mining companies are searching for innovative ways to treat, manage and reuse water, as well as to mitigate risk, drive efficiency and combat climate change impacts.
- WWT Water Security in a Changing Environment 06/05/2020 The 2020 WWT Water Security in a Changing Environment Conference will take on these issues, uniting the water industry and environmental stakeholders to address the climate crisis, improve water quality, drive investment in green infrastructure, enhance our chalk streams and manage abstraction and trade. Learn from the sector s leaders and help protect water resources in a changing environment at this one-day event designed to tackle some of the world s biggest challenges.