Water in Mining 2019
Join 150+ international mining leaders from Africa, Australia, Europe, North America & South America at our flagship conference to realize the commercial potential of strategic water management within mining operations.
Why you need to be there:
- Learn how to work effectively with the local community to ensure the safety of their water supply
- Discover innovative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle water in water-scarce regions
- Create and design a mine plant with 100% water efficiency
- Hear how you can achieve significant cost savings with water reuse while adhering to high standard environmental governance
- Build the framework for a successful company-wide water standard management strategy that focuses on continuous process improvement
- Uncover how to successfully integrate water management planning & probabilistic modelling of water balances in difficult sites
- Understand how to apply the most sustainable and efficient water management strategy to mine closures
The industry-leading speaker line-up includes:
- Briana Gunn, Director of Environmental Affairs, Sustainability & External Relations, Newmont Mining
- Steve Chesters, Managing Director, Genesys International
- Bruno Ferraz, Environmental Management, Vale
- Cesar Fonseca, Head of Latin America, 2030 Water Resources Group, IFC (World Bank)
- Jose de Pierola Canales, Water Resources Manager, Southern Peru Copper Corp.
- Christina Copeland, Senior Manager, Water, CDP
- Mei Schelp, Senior Manager, Water Management, Centerra Gold
- John McCartney, Vice President Water Management, Barrick Gold
- Sandy Fabritz-Whitney, Director of Water Strategy, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Seth Mueller, Senior Development Engineer " Environment, Boliden Group
- Troy Jones, Director of Water, Teck Resources
- Dr. Hu Fleming, Head of Water Strategy, Anglo American
- Blair Douglas, Global Practice Lead for Hydrology and Water, BHP Billiton
Alternatively, contact Carla Staden on +44(0)1342 332016 or email@example.com regarding registration queries.Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Welsh Water selects CoMag system for phosphorus removal Dwr Cymru Welsh Water and its design and construction partner Mott Macdonald Bentley have selected Evoqua Water... Read More >
- Iron age skeletons uncovered in chalk stream project A multi-million pound Thames Water project to protect the future of a rare Oxfordshire chalk stream has revealed some... Read More >
- Food company to pay £150k to charity after river pollution A Stoke-on-Trent company has agreed to donate £150k to help restore a river following a pollution incident in summer 2015. Read More >
- WWT Sustainable Drainage Systems Conference 01/05/2019 WWT's Sustainable Drainage Systems Conference will explore the benefits and challenges of implementing SuDS, the different types of solutions available, the regulatory backdrop and the practical steps involved in their installation, use and measurement of success.
- WWT Water Industry Asset Management 02/05/2019 Building on the success of the past 6 years, WWT s Water Industry Asset Management Conference is the only dedicated event that connects senior asset, capital delivery and supply chain leaders within water companies and tier 1 contractors together.
- Utility Week Live 2019 21/05/2019 The UK's utilities event is back for 2019, and this year Utility Week Live is preparing utilities for Transition.
- WWT Water Industry Energy Conference 2019 11/06/2019 Now in its 6th year, the WWT Water Industry Energy Conference is the only dedicated event for energy professionals in water " bringing together 100+ of the most influential stakeholders to drive energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions in the water sector.