Water in Mining 2019
Join 150+ international mining leaders from Africa, Australia, Europe, North America & South America at our flagship conference to realize the commercial potential of strategic water management within mining operations.
Why you need to be there:
- Learn how to work effectively with the local community to ensure the safety of their water supply
- Discover innovative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle water in water-scarce regions
- Create and design a mine plant with 100% water efficiency
- Hear how you can achieve significant cost savings with water reuse while adhering to high standard environmental governance
- Build the framework for a successful company-wide water standard management strategy that focuses on continuous process improvement
- Uncover how to successfully integrate water management planning & probabilistic modelling of water balances in difficult sites
- Understand how to apply the most sustainable and efficient water management strategy to mine closures
The industry-leading speaker line-up includes:
- Briana Gunn, Director of Environmental Affairs, Sustainability & External Relations, Newmont Mining
- Steve Chesters, Managing Director, Genesys International
- Bruno Ferraz, Environmental Management, Vale
- Cesar Fonseca, Head of Latin America, 2030 Water Resources Group, IFC (World Bank)
- Jose de Pierola Canales, Water Resources Manager, Southern Peru Copper Corp.
- Christina Copeland, Senior Manager, Water, CDP
- Mei Schelp, Senior Manager, Water Management, Centerra Gold
- John McCartney, Vice President Water Management, Barrick Gold
- Sandy Fabritz-Whitney, Director of Water Strategy, Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
- Seth Mueller, Senior Development Engineer " Environment, Boliden Group
- Troy Jones, Director of Water, Teck Resources
- Dr. Hu Fleming, Head of Water Strategy, Anglo American
- Blair Douglas, Global Practice Lead for Hydrology and Water, BHP Billiton
Alternatively, contact Carla Staden on +44(0)1342 332016 or email@example.com regarding registration queries.Download to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- DWI reports CRI and ERI rises for 2018 The Drinking Water Inspectorate has revealed that the performance of England's water companies declined slightly in 2018,... Read More >
- Ofwat consults on £200m innovation funding proposal Ofwat has launched a consultation that could allow companies to raise up to £200 million for innovation activities through... Read More >
- Southern Water reveals DWI investigation over historic performance Southern Water has said it faces an ongoing investigation from the Drinking Water Inspectorate in addition to the... Read More >
- Network Asset Performance Conference 2019 25/09/2019 The 2019 Network Asset Performance Conference will bring together leaders from gas & power to help tackle these challenges head on. The conference will consist of a range of presentations, case studies and interactive panel sessions and will address how networks can continue to improve asset resilience, the impact RIIO-2 will have on asset management, the importance of data optimisation and how performance can be maintained through the increased introduction of electric vehicles.
- WWT Water Scotland Conference 02/10/2019 The 2019 WWT Water Scotland Conference & Exhibition will provide delegates with the opportunity to hear where Scottish Water will be investing in SR21 and the latest innovations, infrastructure projects and sustainable growth plans for water in Scotland. This is the only event dedicated to the evolving needs of the Scottish water sector and brings together more than 150 key stakeholders to share insights, showcase excellence and drive the industry forward to ensure it becomes a dominant force in water world
- WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference 2019 27/11/2019 It is the UK s only dedicated event for drinking water professionals seeking advice, inspiration and unrivalled networking opportunities, and a must-attend event for all those working in water quality.
- Utility Week Health, Safety and Wellbeing Conference 27/11/2019 The 2019 Utility Week Health, Safety and Wellbeing Conference is the only event dedicated to the whole utility sector. It brings together leading health, safety and wellbeing experts and professionals to share their latest thoughts, learnings and examples of best practice from within the industry.