Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference
Now in its 10th year, the Utility Week Consumer Debt Conference is the leading event for forward-thinking credit, debt, billing, collections, and customer service professionals within the energy and water sectors.
There has never been a more crucial time for the utility sector to create strong partnerships with customers and collection agencies alike to build trust and protect vulnerable customers.
Amid economic uncertainty and rising costs for day-to-day essentials, the average household is seeing an increase in its debt-to-income ratio. How can the utility sector better identify vulnerable customers, work in partnership with them, strategically engage third parties and improve collections?
This essential event offers you the opportunity to network with leading suppliers in credit management, benchmark your billing and collection practices, develop innovative ways to reduce bad debt and more.
Expert speakers include:
- Philip King, Chief executive officer, Chartered Institute of Credit Management (Conference chair)
- Peter Wallwork, Chief executive officer, Credit Services Association
- Karen Walker, Credit & collections director, British Gas
- Michelle Atkinson, Head of income domestic retail, United Utilities
- Mark Field, Head of billing and collections, Southern Water
- Claire Moore, Head of collections, E.ON UK
- Simon Bell, Collections performance manager, First Utility
- Claire Differ, Utilities manager, Coventry Citizens Advice Bureau
This conference will equip you with the tools to:
Take preventative steps to reduce debt and increase engagement
- Recognise vulnerability and accommodate ability to pay
- Collaborate with the third sector to understand customers
- Effectively collect and manage your customer data
- Provide a tailored experience that reduces “cost to serve”
- Develop a multi-channel approach to increase collections
To view more details and to register, visit: events.utilityweek.co.uk/debt
If you have any queries about the event, contact Carla Staden on (01342) 332016 or email email@example.comDownload to your calendar >> Visit event website >>
- Contractor working for NI Water dies during Storm Ali Northern Ireland Water has confirmed that an employee working for one of its contractors has been killed and another... Read More >
- Cities must improve resilience to avoid Day Zero - Arup Increasing numbers of cities worldwide risk reaching Day Zero, with taps running dry, and exacerbating the effects of... Read More >
- Anglian planning more wetlands after Ingoldisthorpe success Anglian Water has unveiled proposals for dozens of further wetland treatment sites as part of its business plan from 2020... Read More >
- Utility Week Health & Safety Conference 2018 01/11/2018 Utility Week s Health & Safety Conference is the only dedicated event for health, safety & wellbeing professionals in the water, gas and electricity sectors.
- Institute of Water Environment Conference 07/11/2018 The water sector in the UK is facing unprecedented challenges, now and in the future. This year s Institute of Water Environment Conference will explore what we need to do for the environment and customers so that we leave a legacy and not a liability.
- WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference 2018 08/11/2018 With both Brexit and AMP7 on the horizon, it is a crucial time for the UK water industry to build a resilient strategy to protect water quality for future generations.
- WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference 27/11/2018 The 2018 WWT Water Industry Technology Innovation Conference brings you the chance to work towards an innovative future for the sector, with a series of mini design sprints focused on five key areas, including: leakage, customer experience, sludge & energy, water resources & drought resilience, and partnership working.