Smith & Loveless Ltd. is proud to manufacture and market the diverse water and sewage handling technologies from transcontinental affiliates Smith & Loveless Inc. and Kalsep UK Ltd. With a particular focus on the UK and European market, S&L Ltd. offers a complete line of water and sewage pumping, inlet works, filtration and treatment systems. We offer complete technical service and spare parts from an in-stock inventory.
Mr Andy Hornabrook
Smith & Loveless Ltd Block B13 Westpark 26
Smith & Loveless LTD
Products & Services
- EVERLAST® Surface Mounted Pump Station Smith & Loveless Inc.’s above-ground wastewater pumping stations pave the way for end-users to reap the benefits of robust construction, operator-safe maintenance and single-source solutions. The result is efficient pump station performance, long service life and realised savings—verified by decades of successful installations. S&L’s next generation EVERLAST™ Wet Well Mounted Pump Stations perfectly embody this philosophy. Featuring the top S&L innovations, new looks and enclosures, convenient package options, and leading warranty protection, EVERLAST™ is designed to provide you a long, successful pumping life.
- PISTA® 360™ with V-FORCE BAFFLE™ Grit Removal System 95% grit removal of 105 micron and larger! The PISTA® 360™ Grit Chamber is equipped with the V-FORCE BAFFLE™, which is an integral flow control baffle for both the inlet and outlet of the main chamber. The V-FORCE BAFFLE™ is designed to direct the inlet flow into the chamber in a manner ensuring the proper vortex flow and to prevent short-circuiting, allowing for a full 360° rotation through the inlet and outlet, providing maximum grit removal. The V-FORCE BAFFLE™ on the outlet directs the flow out of the unit and acts as a “slice weir” to control the water level in the main chamber and in the inlet channel. No additional downstream flow control device is required to keep the velocity between 3.5 f/s (1.1 m/s) at peak flow and 1.6 f/s (.5 m/s) at minimum flow with a 10:1 turn down.
- TITAN MBR Membrane Bioreactor Delivering the Best MBR Experience The enhanced TITAN MBR™ Membrane BioReactor treatment system delivers the industry’s best operator experience with the greatest ease of operation and maintenance of any MBR through superior high performance flat sheet membranes, easier component access, intuitive graphical touchscreen PLC controls, smart advanced data monitoring and communications, reduced process complexity, and a streamlined membrane clean-in-place process. It is designed with a stable process tailored to your permit requirements, and capable of achieving superior effluent quality and Title 22 approved water reuse. The TITAN MBR™ features a robust system design with stainless-steel componentry and streamlined electrical layout with an operator friendly wire management system. The treatment plant will arrive in a complete and compact factory-built system with significantly less field assembly for even swifter installation and start-up. The TITAN MBR™ will provide you with the lowest cost of ownership, best available technology and lowest O&M, creating your best value.
- FAST® Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment System The patented FAST® Process stands for "Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment," a fixed-film, aerobic treatment system (fixed bed biological reactor) designed for tackling variable load and flow conditions. Proven in thousands of installations worldwide, FAST® consists of tankage packed with completely submerged media. The FAST® media creates a high surface area-to-volume ratio, which, combined with internal settling zones, maintains constant bacterial growth during low-flow and peak usage. This results in stable operation on a daily basis. FAST® comes available in factory-built or field-installed modules, providing high performance treatment in a minimal space. The popular Modular FAST® arrangement handles smaller, variable flows generated from onsite applications, including schools, small developments, commercial and public facilities, and hospitality venues such as hotels, camps, and restaurants. No daily operation is required. FAST® provides significantly improved performance over traditional leach field and septic tank systems, especially when a nitrification/denitrification component is specified in permit or effluent requirements.
- Surface Mounted Lift Station Eliminates Confined Space Access for Hospital ... Tough-to-access submersible pumps complicated life and increased costs for maintenance workers at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro, United Kingdom. But the EVERLAST™ Surface Mounted Pump Station eliminated dangerous maintenance, saved operation costs and will last a generation or more.
- Q&A: Getting The Grit Out With Hydraulic Forced Vortex Systems For wastewater treatment operations at municipal treatment plants and industrial sites, grit can be a major problem. If not addressed properly, it can gather in digesters, clarifiers, and aeration basins, requiring time-wasting removal by staff. Operations rely on grit removal systems to keep this from happening, but not every technology is made the same. To weigh the options, we sat down with S&L Ltd's Andy Hornabrook.
- Upgrade your Grit Removal Efficiency to 95% at 150 Micron You can save both time and money by rehabilitating your aging grit removal system with the Smith & Loveless PISTA® OPTIFLOW 270® upgrade. We can help solve inherent problems in your current vortex chamber with our latest grit removal technology.
- S&L Assists Local Developers with Water Reuse MBR Solution When developers of a condominium complex sourced wastewater treatment systems, it did so with two primary requirements: efficient land utilization and high effluent quality to meet stringent guidelines.