Althon design and manufacture precast concrete headwalls to meet Sewers for Adoption and Severn Trent Guidelines. Our product range includes flap valves, penstocks and stop logs as well as trash screens and outfall safety grilles. Althon also manufacture precast concrete penstock chambers and offer a large range of commercial and industrial application drainage channels.
Mag Group Building
Vulcan Road South
Hand Stop Gate
Althon PHA-G HDPE Hand stop gates are a simple manually operated valve for small dimension openings and low pressures.
Hand Stop Gates
Our handstop gates are design to isolate and control the flow of water discharging from pipes or to manage water levels. Manufactured in HDPE with an EPDM Seal the Hand Stop gate is available to suit 150, 200, 250, 300, 400 & 500mm Dia. openings. Above this size Penstocks are a better option because of the weight.
Please visit the Hand Stop Gate section of our website for more information
Products & Services
- Headwall Specifier Tool 24/01/2020 12:06:00The Althon Headwall Specification Tool has been designed to help you select the most appropriate headwall for your project. Once you have found the right product model for your project you can download BIM, CAD and PDF files of your headwall complete with all relevant accessories as well as brochures and datasheets
- Precast Concrete Headwalls 29/01/2020 15:12:00Althon precast concrete headwalls offer a cost effective alternative to in-situ headwalls. We have the largest range of precast headwalls with associated accessories in the UK. We have ranges of Sewers for Adoption 7th Ed., Severn Trent Water specification compliant headwalls and Angled headwalls to meet the Environment Agency's Standard rule SR2015 No 27 – Constructing an outfall pipe of 300mm diameter through a headwall into a main river’.
- Headwall Design Service 29/01/2020 16:32:00If you cannot find the headwall design you are looking for try our free headwall design service.
- Flap Valves 30/01/2020 10:15:00Althon manufacture and distribute flap valves in HDPE, cast iron and stainless steel. Flap valves and flap gates are a type of non-return valve (NRV) used to prevent flooding and to stop water back-flowing up pipework connecting into ponds, ditches, swales, rivers and marine or tidal environments.
- Penstock Valves 30/01/2020 10:36:00Althon penstock valves are for the control and isolation of water. Penstock sluice gates can be mounted directly to an existing flat surface, factory fitted to a precast headwall or concrete penstock chamber or fixed in-line with an existing pipe run negating the requirement for a manhole.
- Hand Stop Gate 06/02/2020 10:52:00Althon PHA-G HDPE Hand stop gates are a simple manually operated valve for small dimension openings and low pressures.