Althon design and manufacture precast concrete headwalls to meet Sewers for Adoption and Severn Trent Guidelines. Our product range includes flap valves, penstocks and stop logs as well as trash screens and outfall safety grilles. Althon also manufacture precast concrete penstock chambers and offer a large range of commercial and industrial application drainage channels.
Mag Group Building
Vulcan Road South
Precast Concrete Headwalls
Althon precast concrete headwalls offer a cost effective alternative to in-situ headwalls. We have the largest range of precast headwalls with associated accessories in the UK. We have ranges of Sewers for Adoption 7th Ed., Severn Trent Water specification compliant headwalls and Angled headwalls to meet the Environment Agency's Standard rule SR2015 No 27 – Constructing an outfall pipe of 300mm diameter through a headwall into a main river’.
Headwalls are an important part of most SUDS drainage schemes, preventing erosion at the point of discharge into watercourses such as attenuation ponds, detention basins, rivers, ditches and swales.
All of our headwalls can be factory fitted with a range of accessories such as gratings, Kee Klamp® handrails, flap valves, penstocks as well as other flow control and flood prevention devices.
Althon's standard concrete headwalls are fast and easy to install. Our standard range of headwalls can accommodate pipework up to 2100mm ID. We can cast multiple openings, elliptical, square or rectangular culvert openings into any of our outfalls. We can also cast pipe openings into the wing walls.
Althon Sewers for Adoption precast headwalls should be used when part of a Section 104 Agreement and the sewers are to be adopted once completed by the local Water Company. The materials used and installation must comply with the ‘Sewers for Adoption’ guidelines.
Our Sewers for Adoption compliant outfall range is available with toe extensions either 300 or 500mm thick with depths ranging from 450 to 1000mm. We also manufacture Sewers for Adoption compliant outfall safety grilles suitable for our products as well as other third party concrete outfalls.
Althon Rectangular STW Headwalls are Sewers for Adoption compliant precast concrete headwalls for outfalls discharging into ponds, swales, ditches beaches and rivers. RSFA precast headwalls are manufactured in accordance with Severn Trent Water Standard detail STD6002 for pipework up to 600mm All RSFA Headwalls are cast with the opening in the back wall to suit the size and type of pipe being used at the invert level required.
Althon Angled precast concrete headwalls allow pipework entering a watercourse at an angle to be accommodated or for an outfall to be situated on a bend in a river. Some of our Angled headwalls meet the Environment Agency’s ‘Standard rules SR2015 No 27 – Constructing an outfall pipe of 300mm diameter through a headwall into a main river’ and Exempt flood risk activities: environmental permits section FRA12 ‘Outfall pipes less than 300mm diameter through a headwall’
Althon Rectangular headwall range have the wingwalls projecting at 90 degrees to the backwall and can accommodate pipe up to 750mm ID. We can cast multiple openings, elliptical, square or rectangular culvert openings into any of our outfalls. We can also cast pipe openings into the wing walls.
Althon box culvert headwalls are a great alternative to in-situ inlet and outfall structures for the start and end of box culvert runs. We can factory fit flap valves, penstocks, Kee Klamp® handrails and gratings to all of our culvert headwalls range.
Althon's Splayed headwall range are precast headwalls produced with higher wing walls at the front of the apron. These headwalls can be situated in locations with high or steep embankments or where the structure is required to provide protection to an accessory such as a flap valve, duck bill valve, stop logs or weir wall.
Althon offer precast concrete Sewers for Adoption compliant headwalls complete with precast concrete steps. Typically our precast headwalls with steps will be supplied with an appropriate Sewers for Adoption compliant outfall safety grille and galvanised steel Kee Klamp® handrailing with gated access.
Althon swale and pond inlet mitred headwalls up to 300mm are fibre reinforced precast concrete open inlets allowing surface water runoff to enter SUDS features, or to act as an outlet or overflow. The profile of the inlet 1:3 (18 Degrees) is the same as the surrounding ground in accordance with guidelines for the construction and adoption of swales and ponds. There is a recess formed in either side to key the unit into the slope of the swale or pond and prevent it slipping.
Products & Services
- Headwall Specifier Tool 24/01/2020 12:06:00The Althon Headwall Specification Tool has been designed to help you select the most appropriate headwall for your project. Once you have found the right product model for your project you can download BIM, CAD and PDF files of your headwall complete with all relevant accessories as well as brochures and datasheets
- Precast Concrete Headwalls 29/01/2020 15:12:00Althon precast concrete headwalls offer a cost effective alternative to in-situ headwalls. We have the largest range of precast headwalls with associated accessories in the UK. We have ranges of Sewers for Adoption 7th Ed., Severn Trent Water specification compliant headwalls and Angled headwalls to meet the Environment Agency's Standard rule SR2015 No 27 – Constructing an outfall pipe of 300mm diameter through a headwall into a main river’.
- Headwall Design Service 29/01/2020 16:32:00If you cannot find the headwall design you are looking for try our free headwall design service.
- Flap Valves 30/01/2020 10:15:00Althon manufacture and distribute flap valves in HDPE, cast iron and stainless steel. Flap valves and flap gates are a type of non-return valve (NRV) used to prevent flooding and to stop water back-flowing up pipework connecting into ponds, ditches, swales, rivers and marine or tidal environments.
- Penstock Valves 30/01/2020 10:36:00Althon penstock valves are for the control and isolation of water. Penstock sluice gates can be mounted directly to an existing flat surface, factory fitted to a precast headwall or concrete penstock chamber or fixed in-line with an existing pipe run negating the requirement for a manhole.
- Hand Stop Gate 06/02/2020 10:52:00Althon PHA-G HDPE Hand stop gates are a simple manually operated valve for small dimension openings and low pressures.