Fresh water is a scarce and critical resource for people, the planet and businesses. Economic and social development comes with a resilient water supply and responsible waste strategy. Evides Industriewater creates solutions for businesses that seek to minimise waste of vital resources and energy, thereby creating the best solution for the environment too. Our customers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the UK are realising the benefits of our Water Without Waste philosophy.
Mr Colin Robinson
2 Hunting Gate
Rotterdam Harbour Demin Water Plant
The Rotterdam harbour area is one of the largest refinery and (petro)chemical clusters in Europe. A total of five oil refineries, more than 45 chemical companies, and five vegetable oil refineries produce chemicals, fuels, and edible oils and fats. Collaboration within the cluster enhances the benefits of synergy in the value chain in which Evides Industriewater plays an important role by owning and operating a centralised demin water plant. Some 25 industrial companies from the oil refining (3), petrochemical (12), food (2) and pharmaceutical industries obtain high quality demin water for the production of, for example, steam, energy and products
Evides Industriewater has supplied distilled water to the industry in the Port of Rotterdam for over 40 years. Due to increasing quality standards and reliability expectations, the existing distillation facility was no longer suitable. We replaced it with a Reverse Osmosis plant that could guarantee 100% availability, while coping with increasing salinity of the feed water over a period of several decades. The new centralised installation would also have to meet the demands of the various end users with respect to:
- supplying of high quality demin water via a redundant pipeline system;
- flexibility in handling normal and peak capacities;
- experienced asset and contract management;
- reduced Total Cost of Ownership.
Over a period of nearly 50 years, Evides Industriewater has developed the competencies and knowhow in the treatment of surface water for the production of industrial water. Applying this knowledge, Evides Industriewater has been able to design and build an installation that can operate on two separate sources of feed water to ensure maximum
availability. Evides Industriewater developed a business case for owning and operating a centralised demin water plant by:
- pre-financing the investment;
- designing and building a state of the art demin water plant (1,600 m3/h);
- multi-client contract management;
- handling the day-to-day operation and maintenance
Start of operation - 2010
Source - Surface water (back up: drinking water)
Companies connected - 25
Max. capacity - 1,600 m3/h
Technology - DAFF, VRO-RO-IX (MB)
Conductivity - < 4 μS/cm
Total Organic Carbon - < 50 ppb
Redundancy - N-1
Products & Services
- Managed Borehole 01/11/2019 09:44:00We design, build, finance, operate and maintain all of the infrastructure needed to ensure a reliable, secure and consistent supply of groundwater. Our experience in water means that we can treat the water to any standard required and guarantee its quality. Why not also include energy recovery and wastewater treatment and reuse of water to complete a total water management system that is more reliable, cost effective, and environmentally sustainable.
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant 01/11/2019 11:35:00We have 50+years of experience in Industrial Waste Water Treatment and have been providing process water for industry recovered from wastewater for 20 years. Evides Industriewater now supply 20 million cubic metres of reuse water to industry for use as demineralised and cooling water. Find out how our unique perspective on Design, Build, Own and Operate can reduce your business costs, improve environmental compliance and increase resilience.
- Waste Water Re-Use 24/06/2020 12:17:00After treatment, waste water is normally discharged to rivers or the sea. But with sustainability becoming more and more important in our society and the very real threat of a shortage of fresh water, there is a growing interest in the re-use of (waste) water and in closing the loop of the Circular Economy for Water. Evides Industriewater's pioneering research and development team have made this happen on a huge and commercially viable scale for our clients in the Netherlands.
- Demineralised Water 13/07/2020 22:05:00Industrial processes and energy production require the highest quality standard of demineralised water. If high quality, low conductivity, demin water is essential for your process then Evides Industriewater is one the World's most experienced and reliable partners, supplying over 2,500 cubic metres per hour at our combined plants.