Fresh water is a scarce and critical resource for people, the planet and businesses. Economic and social development comes with a resilient water supply and responsible waste strategy. Evides Industriewater creates solutions for businesses that seek to minimise waste of vital resources and energy, thereby creating the best solution for the environment too. Our customers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the UK are realising the benefits of our Water Without Waste philosophy.
Mr Colin Robinson
2 Hunting Gate
Multi-Client Industrial WWTP
Over 60 industrial customers are making use of this centralised waste water treatment plant. The largest customer in the cluster is Zeeland Refinery, which is owned by Total and Lukoil. Other customers range from food & beverage companies (AMC, Kloosterboer) and chemical companies (Invista, Arkema) to waste management companies (Indaver), and shipyards (Damen).
At the time of the development of the Vlissingen harbour area into an industrial park for heavy industry, no central facilities for the collection and treatment of waste water were available.
The authorities came up with the idea of connecting the companies to a sewerage system with subsequent treatment of the waste water beyond the boundaries of the port itself.
Evides Industriewater carried out a study into the individual sewerage issues in the harbour area, in which it set out the previous and future waste water quantities.
Analysing the results of the study, it appeared that installing both a sewerage system and a collective waste water treatment plant for industrial and domestic waste water in the harbour area offered advantages to everyone involved.
The economy of scale results in the lowest total cost of ownership due to the following benefits:
- high treatment efficiency;
- lower discharge to surface water;
- lower investment per pollution equivalent;
- focus on core activities.
Since 1997, Evides Industriewater has:
- financed the investment;
- managed all client contracts;
- designed, built and improved a state of the art anaerobic and aerobic treatment plant;
- handled the day-to-day operation and maintenance.
Start of operation - 1997
Companies connected - 60
Technology & Capacity - Anaerobic - 35,000 PE and Aerobic - 45,000 PE
Flow - 11,000 m3/day
COD load Max. - 5,100 kg/day
Products & Services
- Managed Borehole 01/11/2019 09:44:00We design, build, finance, operate and maintain all of the infrastructure needed to ensure a reliable, secure and consistent supply of groundwater. Our experience in water means that we can treat the water to any standard required and guarantee its quality. Why not also include energy recovery and wastewater treatment and reuse of water to complete a total water management system that is more reliable, cost effective, and environmentally sustainable.
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant 01/11/2019 11:35:00We have 50+years of experience in Industrial Waste Water Treatment and have been providing process water for industry recovered from wastewater for 20 years. Evides Industriewater now supply 20 million cubic metres of reuse water to industry for use as demineralised and cooling water. Find out how our unique perspective on Design, Build, Own and Operate can reduce your business costs, improve environmental compliance and increase resilience.
- Waste Water Re-Use 24/06/2020 12:17:00After treatment, waste water is normally discharged to rivers or the sea. But with sustainability becoming more and more important in our society and the very real threat of a shortage of fresh water, there is a growing interest in the re-use of (waste) water and in closing the loop of the Circular Economy for Water. Evides Industriewater's pioneering research and development team have made this happen on a huge and commercially viable scale for our clients in the Netherlands.
- Demineralised Water 13/07/2020 22:05:00Industrial processes and energy production require the highest quality standard of demineralised water. If high quality, low conductivity, demin water is essential for your process then Evides Industriewater is one the World's most experienced and reliable partners, supplying over 2,500 cubic metres per hour at our combined plants.