Fresh water is a scarce and critical resource for people, the planet and businesses. Economic and social development comes with a resilient water supply and responsible waste strategy. Evides Industriewater creates solutions for businesses that seek to minimise waste of vital resources and energy, thereby creating the best solution for the environment too. Our customers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the UK are realising the benefits of our Water Without Waste philosophy.
Mr Colin Robinson
2 Hunting Gate
Irrigation using wastewater reuse
The Netherlands is the World's second largest food exporter by value, despite having a land area only 17% as big as the UK. Dutch farming practices are the key to this success and the efficient use of water in agriculture has been a key component. High-quality water is essential for agriculture. After all, crops cannot grow without regular watering. In places where fresh water is only available in limited amounts, Evides Industriewater supplies treated wastewater of excellent quality with customised treatment to optimise food production.
Agriculture in The Netherlands
A huge amount of agricultural water is currently consumed in Zeeland in the South West of The Netherlands. Here, the amounts of available surface water and groundwater are limited and so, the abstraction of this water comes with very strict requirements. For this reason, the current situation is that custom agricultural water is pre-treated surface water from the Biesbosch area that is supplied to farms in Central Zeeland through a dedicatd pipeline.
Innovative, sustainable solutions
With sustainability and cost-effectiveness in mind, we are constantly focusing on innovation at Evides Industriewater. And that includes agricultural and irrigation water. Delft Blue Water was a pilot project, in which we purified waste water and re-used it as agricultural irrigation water.
A study showed no difference in the Tomatoes grown using the re-use water versus those with the treated surface water.
Reusing waste water for irrigation means:
• Lower costs
• A more sustainable solution
• Custom water treatment solutions e.g. nutrients can be left in
• Continuously available
Products & Services
- Managed Borehole 01/11/2019 09:44:00We design, build, finance, operate and maintain all of the infrastructure needed to ensure a reliable, secure and consistent supply of groundwater. Our experience in water means that we can treat the water to any standard required and guarantee its quality. Why not also include energy recovery and wastewater treatment and reuse of water to complete a total water management system that is more reliable, cost effective, and environmentally sustainable.
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant 01/11/2019 11:35:00We have 50+years of experience in Industrial Waste Water Treatment and have been providing process water for industry recovered from wastewater for 20 years. Evides Industriewater now supply 20 million cubic metres of reuse water to industry for use as demineralised and cooling water. Find out how our unique perspective on Design, Build, Own and Operate can reduce your business costs, improve environmental compliance and increase resilience.
- Waste Water Re-Use 24/06/2020 12:17:00After treatment, waste water is normally discharged to rivers or the sea. But with sustainability becoming more and more important in our society and the very real threat of a shortage of fresh water, there is a growing interest in the re-use of (waste) water and in closing the loop of the Circular Economy for Water. Evides Industriewater's pioneering research and development team have made this happen on a huge and commercially viable scale for our clients in the Netherlands.
- Demineralised Water 13/07/2020 22:05:00Industrial processes and energy production require the highest quality standard of demineralised water. If high quality, low conductivity, demin water is essential for your process then Evides Industriewater is one the World's most experienced and reliable partners, supplying over 2,500 cubic metres per hour at our combined plants.