Fresh water is a scarce and critical resource for people, the planet and businesses. Economic and social development comes with a resilient water supply and responsible waste strategy. Evides Industriewater creates solutions for businesses that seek to minimise waste of vital resources and energy, thereby creating the best solution for the environment too. Our customers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the UK are realising the benefits of our Water Without Waste philosophy.
Mr Colin Robinson
2 Hunting Gate
BASF is a world leader in the chemical industry, combining economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The site of BASF in Antwerp is located in the most northern part of the port of Antwerp. It is the largest chemical production centre in Belgium and the second most important production site of the BASF group worldwide. The site contains fifty production facilities. The BASF Antwerp product range comprises base and speciality chemicals, synthetics and primary products, refining products and inorganic chemicals.
The BASF Antwerp is a combined site which, by interlinking the production plants, energy flows and infrastructure, reduces raw materials, energy consumption, and emissions, while exploiting synergies. As part of its efficient use of resources, BASF started an initiative to optimize the water footprint.
BASF needed to expand demineralised water production whilst also aiming to minimize the consumption of groundwater. In a global tendering process, Evides Industriewater was the successful bidder best able to meet the high standards for the demineralised water production, while reducing the consumption of groundwater.
Over a period of nearly 50 years, Evides Industriewater has developed the competences and know how in the treatment of surface water for the production of industrial water.
Applying this knowledge, Evides Industriewater has been able to replace nearly all groundwater use at BASF with surface water as input for the production of process water.
Under a long term DBFO contract, Evides Industriewater has:
- Financed the investment;
- Designed and built a state of the art water plan for process, demineralised and ultra-pure water.
- Handled the day-to-day operation and maintenance.
- Implemented improvements developed by our in-house innovation team.
Start of operation - 2011
Products - Process and (polished) demin water
Source - Pre treated surface water
- Process water plant 2,000 m3/h
- Demin water plant 550 m3/h
- Ultrapure water (RO) 600 m3/h
Technology - MMF – IX - RO
Redundancy - N-2
Conductivity - < 0,1 μS/cm
Total Organic Carbon - < 50 ppb
Products & Services
- Managed Borehole 01/11/2019 09:44:00We design, build, finance, operate and maintain all of the infrastructure needed to ensure a reliable, secure and consistent supply of groundwater. Our experience in water means that we can treat the water to any standard required and guarantee its quality. Why not also include energy recovery and wastewater treatment and reuse of water to complete a total water management system that is more reliable, cost effective, and environmentally sustainable.
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant 01/11/2019 11:35:00We have 50+years of experience in Industrial Waste Water Treatment and have been providing process water for industry recovered from wastewater for 20 years. Evides Industriewater now supply 20 million cubic metres of reuse water to industry for use as demineralised and cooling water. Find out how our unique perspective on Design, Build, Own and Operate can reduce your business costs, improve environmental compliance and increase resilience.
- Waste Water Re-Use 24/06/2020 12:17:00After treatment, waste water is normally discharged to rivers or the sea. But with sustainability becoming more and more important in our society and the very real threat of a shortage of fresh water, there is a growing interest in the re-use of (waste) water and in closing the loop of the Circular Economy for Water. Evides Industriewater's pioneering research and development team have made this happen on a huge and commercially viable scale for our clients in the Netherlands.
- Demineralised Water 13/07/2020 22:05:00Industrial processes and energy production require the highest quality standard of demineralised water. If high quality, low conductivity, demin water is essential for your process then Evides Industriewater is one the World's most experienced and reliable partners, supplying over 2,500 cubic metres per hour at our combined plants.