A water monitoring specialist helping to prevent flooding, reduce pollution and improve rivers and bathing water, Detectronic specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of ultrasonic wastewater flow, level and water quality monitoring equipment for smart network monitoring of sewerage, wastewater and trade effluent. Detectronic provides flood management risk solutions focusing on measuring, recording, reporting and reacting to wastewater depths and flow rates. We provide clients with robust measurement and data, supported by our operations and data centre that delivers continuous data screening and analysis. By implementing smart network monitoring along with a combination of real-time and predictive data analysis, we can provide timely intervention reports to warn of potential or building issues and pollution reports that will significantly minimise the duration of any pollution events should they occur.
Whitewalls Industrial Estate
ORAKEL Ultrasonic clamp on flow meter
An ultrasonic clamp on flow meter, the Orakel Time of Flight flow meter is a non invasive liquid flow measurement tool. It is used for monitoring flows in closed pipes and can be easily installed without stopping the process. It uses ultrasonic technology to calculate flow velocity without the need to cut into existing pipework. Transducers are simply clamped onto the exterior wall of the pipe. This makes it ideal for measuring liquids in industrial process applications.
The ORAKEL ultrasonic clamp on flow meter works by sending an ultrasonic signal from one transducer to the next and measuring the time it takes for that signal to be received. This is known as Transit Time. Signals are sent through the pipe in both an upstream and downstream direction.
If there was no flow in the pipe, the transit time would be the same in either direction. However, when there is a flow, sound moves faster when travelling in the same direction as the flow and slower when moving against the flow. When the fluid moves faster, the difference between the upstream and downstream times increases. The difference in time between upstream measurement and the downstream measurement is used to calculate the flow.
Transit time ultrasonic flow meters can be configured in a Z, V and W pattern. The best configuration depends on factors such as pipe size, the condition of the pipe, or the characteristics of the liquid inside the pipe. The most common configuration is the V shape where two transducers are positioned on the same side of the pipe. When positioning the transducers, measure the pipe diameter and put the same distance between the transducers.
Designed to measure liquids, the ORAKEL ultrasonic clamp on flow meter can measure almost any fluid that contains <10% solids or gas; including water, oils, petrochemicals, alcohol and more.
It is suitable for the following applications:
- Liquid flows needing precision measuring
- High and low temperature flows
- Pipeline leak detection
- Management of liquid transfer
- Process metering and flow measurement
- Hot and cold water metering and flow measurement
- Potable water measurement
- Flow measurement of liquid ingredients
The ORAKEL Time of Flight flow meter is a cost effective alternative to traditional in-line meter installation.
Products & Services
- MCERTS MSFM Area Velocity Flow Meter 03/06/2019 10:41:00The MSFM MCERTS Area Velocity flow meter is a self-contained battery powered insertion multi-sensor flow meter and is certified to deliver guaranteed flow measurement accuracy for sites which require verification by MCERTS inspectors. Portable and easily installed, it can be used for short term or long term flow monitoring programmes. Suitable applications include: ✔ Wastewater Monitoring ✔ Effluent Monitoring ✔ Environmental Permit Regulations (EPR) ✔ Inflow and Infiltration ✔ Pollution Control ✔ Flood Prevention ✔ Pass Forward Flows to full treatment ✔ Discharge Management
- ORAKEL Non Contact Radar Flow Meter 20/06/2019 08:57:00An ideal solution for measuring flow in difficult to reach areas or for measuring hazardous liquids. Suitable for open channels, wastewater treatment and industrial applications
- Water Quality Monitoring 20/06/2019 09:17:00The ORAKEL is a modular water monitoring system with an extensive range of water quality monitoring sensors and controllers to measure various water characteristics including pH, turbidity, COD and many more. You can monitor everything from wastewater treatment, to trade effluent discharge, to environmental quality monitoring.
- ORAKEL Ultrasonic clamp on flow meter 20/06/2019 09:32:00An ultrasonic clamp on flow meter, the Orakel Time of Flight flow meter is a non invasive liquid flow measurement tool. It is used for monitoring flows in closed pipes and can be easily installed without stopping the process. It uses ultrasonic technology to calculate flow velocity without the need to cut into existing pipework. Transducers are simply clamped onto the exterior wall of the pipe. This makes it ideal for measuring liquids in industrial process applications.