A water monitoring specialist helping to prevent flooding, reduce pollution and improve rivers and bathing water, Detectronic specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of ultrasonic wastewater flow, level and water quality monitoring equipment for smart network monitoring of sewerage, wastewater and trade effluent. Detectronic provides flood management risk solutions focusing on measuring, recording, reporting and reacting to wastewater depths and flow rates. We provide clients with robust measurement and data, supported by our operations and data centre that delivers continuous data screening and analysis. By implementing smart network monitoring along with a combination of real-time and predictive data analysis, we can provide timely intervention reports to warn of potential or building issues and pollution reports that will significantly minimise the duration of any pollution events should they occur.
Whitewalls Industrial Estate
MCERTS monitoring for an oil and gas exploration company
Earlier this year, an oil and gas exploration company approached Detectronic with a view to specifying and installing a bespoke monitoring solution. The company is in the process of carrying out detailed exploration work at a site in the north west of England. In order to understand the hydrology of the site and how it might affect future development plans, Detectronic were consequently appointed to design, implement and maintain permanent flow and level monitoring.
· To measure peak flow requirements
Planning & implementation
Following several site visits, we installed two separate pieces of equipment. We selected our MSFM MCERTS ultrasonic flow meter to gather data on surface water discharge from a pipe and our MSFM Lite level monitor to analyse the level of the stream that surface water from the pipe drains into.
The primary objective was to measure peak flow requirements as there is a strict limit to the amount of surface water that can be discharged through the pipe if the stream is above a certain level. If there is too much surface water, the level will rise above the specified limit and the surface water will need to be buffered elsewhere.
To accommodate the various requirements demanded by the sensor head on each of the monitors, our site team helped to design a large section of purpose-built pipework that was located above ground. They also built a tailored framework to which they attached the MSFM Lite monitor to ensure it could be located in the optimum position.
We had to overcome several landownership limitations with one farmer happy for us to access the land and another refusing! As a result, the tailored framework we created for the MSFM Lite had to be anchored directly on only one side of the bank and in the stream, a task that not many other companies would or could attempt.
The system we have created is functioning very well and delivering robust data that will inform the future development of the site.
A recent site visit by an MCERTS Inspector, saw the installation pass the
external verification, proving just how reliable and accurate the MSFM
MCERTS Ultrasonic Flow Meter is.
Products & Services
- MCERTS MSFM Area Velocity Flow Meter 03/06/2019 10:41:00The MSFM MCERTS Area Velocity flow meter is a self-contained battery powered insertion multi-sensor flow meter and is certified to deliver guaranteed flow measurement accuracy for sites which require verification by MCERTS inspectors. Portable and easily installed, it can be used for short term or long term flow monitoring programmes. Suitable applications include: ✔ Wastewater Monitoring ✔ Effluent Monitoring ✔ Environmental Permit Regulations (EPR) ✔ Inflow and Infiltration ✔ Pollution Control ✔ Flood Prevention ✔ Pass Forward Flows to full treatment ✔ Discharge Management
- ORAKEL Non Contact Radar Flow Meter 20/06/2019 08:57:00An ideal solution for measuring flow in difficult to reach areas or for measuring hazardous liquids. Suitable for open channels, wastewater treatment and industrial applications
- Water Quality Monitoring 20/06/2019 09:17:00The ORAKEL is a modular water monitoring system with an extensive range of water quality monitoring sensors and controllers to measure various water characteristics including pH, turbidity, COD and many more. You can monitor everything from wastewater treatment, to trade effluent discharge, to environmental quality monitoring.
- ORAKEL Ultrasonic clamp on flow meter 20/06/2019 09:32:00An ultrasonic clamp on flow meter, the Orakel Time of Flight flow meter is a non invasive liquid flow measurement tool. It is used for monitoring flows in closed pipes and can be easily installed without stopping the process. It uses ultrasonic technology to calculate flow velocity without the need to cut into existing pipework. Transducers are simply clamped onto the exterior wall of the pipe. This makes it ideal for measuring liquids in industrial process applications.