A water monitoring specialist helping to prevent flooding, reduce pollution and improve rivers and bathing water, Detectronic specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of ultrasonic wastewater flow, level and water quality monitoring equipment for smart network monitoring of sewerage, wastewater and trade effluent. Detectronic provides flood management risk solutions focusing on measuring, recording, reporting and reacting to wastewater depths and flow rates. We provide clients with robust measurement and data, supported by our operations and data centre that delivers continuous data screening and analysis. By implementing smart network monitoring along with a combination of real-time and predictive data analysis, we can provide timely intervention reports to warn of potential or building issues and pollution reports that will significantly minimise the duration of any pollution events should they occur.
Whitewalls Industrial Estate
Products & Services
- MCERTS MSFM Area Velocity Flow Meter The MSFM MCERTS Area Velocity flow meter is a self-contained battery powered insertion multi-sensor flow meter and is certified to deliver guaranteed flow measurement accuracy for sites which require verification by MCERTS inspectors. Portable and easily installed, it can be used for short term or long term flow monitoring programmes. Suitable applications include: ✔ Wastewater Monitoring ✔ Effluent Monitoring ✔ Environmental Permit Regulations (EPR) ✔ Inflow and Infiltration ✔ Pollution Control ✔ Flood Prevention ✔ Pass Forward Flows to full treatment ✔ Discharge Management
- ORAKEL Non Contact Radar Flow Meter An ideal solution for measuring flow in difficult to reach areas or for measuring hazardous liquids. Suitable for open channels, wastewater treatment and industrial applications
- Water Quality Monitoring The ORAKEL is a modular water monitoring system with an extensive range of water quality monitoring sensors and controllers to measure various water characteristics including pH, turbidity, COD and many more. You can monitor everything from wastewater treatment, to trade effluent discharge, to environmental quality monitoring.
- ORAKEL Ultrasonic clamp on flow meter An ultrasonic clamp on flow meter, the Orakel Time of Flight flow meter is a non invasive liquid flow measurement tool. It is used for monitoring flows in closed pipes and can be easily installed without stopping the process. It uses ultrasonic technology to calculate flow velocity without the need to cut into existing pipework. Transducers are simply clamped onto the exterior wall of the pipe. This makes it ideal for measuring liquids in industrial process applications.
- MCERTS monitoring for an oil and gas exploration company Earlier this year, an oil and gas exploration company approached Detectronic with a view to specifying and installing a bespoke monitoring solution. The company is in the process of carrying out detailed exploration work at a site in the north west of England. In order to understand the hydrology of the site and how it might affect future development plans, Detectronic were consequently appointed to design, implement and maintain permanent flow and level monitoring.
- FLOW SURVEY FOR HOUSING DEVELOPMENT SITE As part of the redevelopment of the former Royal Ordnance Factory site at Bishopton near Glasgow, a national client approached Detectronic to design and deliver a bespoke flow survey. Home to one of the UK’s largest brownfield regeneration projects, the client is transforming the 2,400 acre site into a new, multi-million pound development – Dargavel Village. Named after Dargavel House, a 16th century, Category B listed ‘Tower House’ located with the grounds of the complex, Dargavel Village will eventually be home to a thriving development of housing, commercial & community buildings, a community woodland park and recreational facilities.
- Monitoring Flow to Full Treatment and Pass Forward Flow at wastewater treat... 05/06/2019 10:53:00 AMAs we enter June 2019, UK water companies may well be reminded of the press release issued last June by DEFRA. “5 billion investment by water companies to benefit the natural environment”. In this communication published by DEFRA, Michael Gove, Secretary of State for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, made a bold statement by challenging water companies to increase investment and improve environmental outcomes by 2025.
- Detectronic launches DetecAnalytics predictive analytics 23/08/2019 10:58:00 AMMonitoring specialist, Detectronic, has partnered with international engineering, technology and software company, Royal HaskoningDHV, to create an AI-powered predictive analytics tool for wastewater sewer networks and water recycling centres: DetecAnalytics
- Monitoring rain retention basins 01/11/2019 10:56:00 AMRain retention basins, also known wet or stormwater management ponds, are artificial ponds. They are specifically created to capture and store surface and stormwater run-off. This occurs where the natural capacity for rainfall to be absorbed into the ground has been compromised by urban development.
- 2G and 3G switch offs. What’s the future of comms protocols for the water i... 04/03/2020 11:45:00 AMSales director for Detectronic, Neil Butler, explores the imminent 2G/3G sunset and explores the question: ‘what’s the future of comms protocols for the water industry?’